- Poor access to the Internet.
- The slope in my attic room was a bit annoying, not recommended for tall people.
- Location is right at the centre, close to the ship station, easy to find, and convenient to explore the whole village. The post office is just opposite the guesthouse.
- The owners are very friendly and caring. They gave maps and information about Hallstatt and recommended me how, when and where to visit. Delicious local cake, tea and coffee are available for all guests for free. A little New Year present was a real surprise.
When my shoes and socks got wet from hiking in snow, the lady even offered to give me spare socks and dry my shoes!
- The lake and town view from my room is memorable! New Year fireworks can be seen from here. The window in the single room is a bit too small, but that's not a problem when I opened it and looked outside.
- Simple, clean and cosy room.
- There are a fridge and basic kitchen wares in the room. These helped me to prepare breakfast every day during my stay.
- A folder containing information about Hallstatt in my room gave me a feeling that I was reading a historical record. I liked that a lot as a student of history and social sciences.