눉1. Noisy, Saturday morning at 7.30am trees were chopped down outside our window (surely a weekday would have been better) and on the Sunday some council worker was vacuuming the street at 7.30am.
2. "Scrumptious" continental breakfast is the cheapest and nastiest breakfast possible, done in the manner to spend the least amount of money. One step above bread and water, lousy dried out instant coffee that looked three months old.
3. We were not told about the wi-fi.
4. Supplied bathtowels and bathmat are thin, small, and cheap. No facewasher provided.
5. Heat in the room turned off during the night so we had to use extra blankets.
6. Room furnishings cheap trinkets that diminished the atmosphere. Plates, cutlery and cups were flimsy and felt like they were purchased from a second hand shop.
7. Has 7 rooms but car park became difficult to use with only four cars in it. should remove the gate which obstructs exit and looks to never be used.
8. Shared bathroom is very large but shower is so small it is almost difficult to turn around in.
9. The worst thing is that this does not feel like a proper B&B to anyone who has stayed in a good one. In the Gatehouse you feel like an intruder who is barely tolerated as an necessary evil in order to provide a source of income. Host has the act down in terms of what to do superficially to give the appearance of being welcoming, but falls down in anything regarding customer welfare and makes any request from the customer feel like an unwanted burden. We never felt truly welcome or comfortable which is a shame, as the house has much potential.
10. The whole enterprise is mean spirited and cheap even though it is not price as budget accommodation. Every corner that can be cut to save money has been cut, and every obstacle or barrier that could be put in place to make life easier for the host (at the expense of the guest's comfort) has been put in place.
눇1. Very, very clean. Cleaning staff polite.
2. TV and DVD player worked.
3. Central location.
5. House is beautifully constructed (if not furnished).
5. Checking out.