I was somewhat disappointed by this hotel, especially in light of the super-flattering feedbacks left by other guests on booking.com. Honestly, I think folks do exaggerate these days:
1) It was pretty cold in my hotel room, even though it was the end of May - the weather turned to be freezing and rainy. They put on the heater only for a couple of hours at night, often forgetting (or not wanting) to switch it on.
2) I imagine many people like hiking hills. I personally dislike the position of the hotel on the top of the hill - good luck if you dare to get there with a luggage...Luckily, cabs are cheap in Sarajevo.
3) The hotel has a phantasmagoric window view over...a cemetery;
4) The breakfast is a joke: a poor and inconsistent choice. For two days they didn't even offer white bread for toasts. Terrible juice and poorly looking/tasting veggies, a couple of slices of cheap cheese and eggs. Don't really understand people who write here that the breakfast was rich. If only ironically?!
4) No tea/coffee facilities even in bigger rooms. What's the point of offering tea at the reception, if each time you need to ask the receptionist to make it.
5) Finally, what was supposed to be a fancy shower with a massage turned to be into a biggest inconvenience of this stay: the massage thing is a joke, the embedded radio/light didn't work anyhow, the tube was broken, so the water was splashing everywhere. To make it better, the shower door was broken too. They also have to consider updating hair driers - a pretty week heat they give. Btw, I haven't seen any slippers/robe advertised for my room...
6) A small desk in a room is pretty inconvenient if you may have to work with your laptop.
1) The best impression of Sarajevo are actually its people. Polite, helpful and somewhat warm. The staff of the hotel is not an exception. Thank you for your decent work!
2) The kitchen cutlery with oriental ornaments and some elements of decorations are pretty stylish.
3) It's located close to the historic center on a hilly area perfect for hikes with panoramic view over Sarajevo.
4) Just perfect - really awesome speed! - of Internet: a rare thing even in many extra-good Western-European and North-American hotels these days.