A few negatives, but when you take the price into account, this is by no means a complaint:
1. There is only one bathroom (albeit spacious but without toilet), but it had a good shower over the bath.
2. There is only one toilet (with hand basin)
This seems a bit light for a house to sleep 6 people....Both were on the 1st floor, (with the bedrooms were on the 2nd and 3rd floor). We managed, of course, but it would have been nice to have had more facilities! We had two people on our party that needed the loo in the middle of the night, so had to negotiate the stairs....something worth remembering if you have small children or older people in your party.
3. We had to check the electricity and gas meter on arrival and departure....which only amounted to less than €5 for the overnight stay...which would have been better to have had rolled in to the price....
We had to pay a €200 deposit on arrival in cash....something that you should bear in mind, and for a longer stay would be seen as quite normal, but for overnight seemed a bit of hassle.
4. One of the beds was very soft.... said my elderly parents in law. The other two beds were big, spacious and firm to hard....so great for the younger ones amongst us!
5. I struggled with making the advance payment and was charged for this by my bank as the owners don't accept card payments.
The owners were very welcoming and nice. The house is in a very central position. Ii has a dining room and kitchen on the ground floor, a sitting room and bathroom on the 1st floor, with a toilet and handbasin at that level just off the stairs.
Public parking is available in the square right outside, although we had to wait a while on Sat evening for a space...from 6pm Sat and all day Sunday was free parking, but Mon-Sat you have to pay at a meter.
It was spotlessly clean and the owner (wife) even made us a delicious cake, and I had agreed in advance to exchange some wonderful Belgian beer for some great Kentish beer....so that got us off to a good start!
Overall a brilliant and central location for staying in Ypres / Ieper