눉This hotel is for religious 'design' fans only. The designer has wiped his behind with almost all things that make any hotel a good place to stay. For the first time in our lives we left early (went home, basically) - because we couldn't stand it any more. Just a few issues:
* When opening the room, it smells badly. We park our luggage and leave for the town. We tell the reception it smells, but say specifically we do not want perfumes or other air 'refreshers' (we'd rather take the smell than that). When we come back: indeed, it smells like cheap toilet. Luckily, we are offered another room.
* The rooms have a huge window at the front, but nothing that opens. This means the 'climate control' has to be on (if not, you suffocate in a quarter of an hour). But that doesn't work getting a fresh air feeling at all. Constant urge for oxygen makes sleeping difficult.
* The 'bathroom' is separated from the sleeping part by a glass plate only. You cannot close it. The toilet is open too, which means noises and smells cannot be hidden. So even if you are with your life partner this is kind of embarrassing and disgusting. The shower is open too. Which means lots of water everywhere, including dampness getting into the sleeping part.
* It's a long way to the rooms. You have to go via a tunnel. The tunnel smells badly (old goat?).
* There is no proper desk in the room. What could be such a desk is inaccessible because there is a 'sound system' that you cannot remove. Laptop has to be handled, indeed, from your lap.
* We get back to our room. The keycard refuses to open the door (red light). Luckily the room next to ours is open (presumably to get oxygen in it), so I telephone the reception from there. The speed dial for reception does not work (keeps you in standby forever). Luckily the old '9' does work. Reception tells us we need to come to the front desk.
눇The hotel looks good from the outside. Easy to find, parking space is OK. The hotel is clean.