눉The hotel is nice, but it's not a 4 stars hotel. They skimp on everything, from the size of the TV, to the creaky floors. We actually received a ripped towel and when complaining about it, the receptionist told us that she didn't think that was a towel from the hotel. That's after informing us we couldn't get a replacement, as it was already late in the day.
Here's a list of what we found sub-par:
- very poor parking options
- TV was 17"
- glasses, cutlery and crockery were dirty and/ or chipped
- there were very little options at breakfast - you could either get continental or french (for instance), but you couldn't get some items from each at the same time
- bathroom door didn't have a lock; moreover, didn't isolate the space properly
- the air-con made the room smell badly
- the indoor pool wasn't available (and we were never alerted to this by staff or signs)
- the sunbeds at the outdoor pool didn't have any lining - those were kept separately, but never used
- there were no toilets at the pool
- the 1 shower at the pool was rusty and in very bad shape
- we asked for a double bed, and whilst we got the frame, it was equipped with two single mattresses and 2 single duvets
But worst of all, the service was bad - our issue with the towel was pretty much ignored until we asked to speak to a manger. At that point we were quickly told the manager wasn't in town, but they could offer us a free meal. Our order in the restaurant was often gotten wrong and every morning we had to wait about 30 minutes to get some milk for our coffee.
눇Food at the restaurant was good, albeit more expensive than any other restaurant in Balchik.