눉- First thing we did was clean: the first impression would have been much better if they had opened it up an hour before our arrival and dusted and removed some of the "decoration" (mostly wicker stuff that was very dusty and musty - we moved it immediately) /sprayed against the unit's ubiquitous tiny ants and gone through it with Windex. A real shock and disappointment upon our arrival, tho once we cleaned, it was more comfortable (tho the couch cushions need cleaning)
- I know the whole Carribbean is battling the Sisyphean Sargassum grass problem, but we were utterly unable to enjoy the pool or beach chairs because of the strong sulfur stench from the rotting Sargasso built up on their beach (as of 4/2015). The Home Owners Association have a groundskeeper who didnt get to it all the days we were there. It just got worse and worse until a family took it upon themselves to clean the little beach with rakes. Very, very disappointing.
- Wifi is completely inadequate - can't really get it in the units and even in the shared 'former restaurant' by the pool, the speed is very low.
- Restaurants within walking distant are over-priced (Black Orchid - wow) and mediocre (Lonestar). Unfortunately there was nothing else within 5-10 mins walk, unfortunately.
눇- Any time we needed anything (bug spray, soap/TP, dish sponge), we just needed to email Erik or Ana and someone showed up with it or fixed the problem right away. (Erik and Ana are the middle people between the condo and "guests" - they are the ones I communicated with in-country, tho there was also an initial guy in Oregon that I first dealt with ... Not very transparent, see below).
- We used the free rental bikes to ride to town 2.5 miles away - which was far on a hot, dusty road - hence the 'Fair' rating above.
- Secluded from street noise or city hustle and bustle
- Our unit #7 had a great view, right onto the sand and water
- There's a little market for essentials right at the top of the street, very convenient and reasonable. Very easy for the big jug of water you need to buy (even tho everyone says the water is fine, we didnt want to tempt it)
- Kitchen was well-equipped with large fridge, the electric range was dependable, sufficient dishes/pots/cutlery. We were there for 10 days and cooked a couple of times and had leftovers... If thats ur plan, u may want to bring a couple of pieces of tupperware and zip lock baggies
- The queen bed in unit 7 is great and the couch excellent for naps! Bathroom was good too - and the clothes line in the shower is perfect for drying bathing suits, etc!
- We scuba dove nearly every day and the pier is great for pick up/ drop off -- all the dive shops know it as the Pepto Bismol hotel! :) We used Belize Pro Divers, by the way - awesome.
-AC unit was very effective and much-needed, tho loud!
- George, the guy Erik arranges for the to/from the airport is a good guy, will pick u up or arrange for someone else to to take u into town for $20 Belize.