We were a group of four people and booked two rooms in this hotel. The rooms were disgusting, the smell of cigarettes was overwhelming. We did ask for non-smoking rooms and a clerk in a hotel told us that all their rooms were non-smoking but it is difficult to control whether people smoke or not. I find it hard to believe, smoke alarms in the rooms were ripped off and it seems that nobody cares at all. We had to wash all our clothes after the trip and our car smelled of tobacco for days. Our rooms were on the first floor and windows were on a ground level facing garbage bins. Everything looked extremely outdated and creepy, the lamp was covered in a plastic bag, I guess it was meant to extend its life. Hallway that led to our rooms was blocked by a large old cabinet and we literally had to squeeze ourselves through it (and we are quite petite). Breakfast was very poor, but that's ok since we did not expect much from a two star hotel. The main thing is that it was very dirty and we were anxious to get out of this place. I would not recommend this place to anybody, I would say that some hostels would seem luxurious when compared to this hotel.
Location was fine, close to downtown, although the area itself is shaggy, with lots of homeless and strange people.