1. This place only takes cash - this was registered nowhere and we had
to go by car and find an atm the day we checked out, despite having
made the reservation with a credit card. Monica, the owner, was
extremely rude to me when I politely told her that she should tell
people upon check-in that she only takes cash. She said that was
"up to me to find out." She also referred to me as a
"poor child" and "poor baby" because I told her
that she had very poor customer service. She insulted me--that is
indeed terrible customer service. She is senile - she couldn't
keep things straight, doesn't understand how Booking works and
tried to tell me that "cash only" is the wave of the
future, and that she has no credit card machine.
2. When we arrived, Monica was not welcoming and did not have a key for our room to give us. I had to ask her to lock it for us. She said she would "have keys later" but didn't have them that night. This is not a secure place. She also had people's luggage sitting right in the entryway of her house that is open during the day.
3. The owner was very chatty and rambled on and on about the house and how she likes her weird bathroom upstairs that has a toilet that doesn't really work, telling us about the plumber and all these weird things.
4. The house smelled terrible. It smells like dog on the first floor because she has an old dog and clearly doesn't clean it. The rest of the house was musty.
5. She told us a couple came in and had a reservation but she didn't have a room. So, they slept together in a twin bed (More evidence that she doesn't keep track of her reservations at all).
6. At breakfast, even though we were already eating toast, she told us about each kind of toast by touching each piece of bread (that other people were going to eat.)
7. We were at the breakfast table and a family of four came up from the basement to eat.
The houses in the neighborhood are pretty.