1) Prague for Friends Karlin (PFK) is not a Hotel, nor even an Aparthotel. It's just 1 (one) apartment among many others in the same building, with several owners who rent them to foreign students.
2) No one was waiting for us when we arrived. We were contacted by email, by someone from PFK a few days before we arrrived, asking for our arrival time, which took place accordingly.
3) As there was nobody to receive us, we contacted the phone of PFK mentionned on the voucher of Booking.com, but we only got a recorded message saying that "this number no longer exists".
4) After calling Booking.com, we got a new number and this time we could finally talk to someone of PFK. A few minutes later, two foreign students appeared, allegedly representing the owner. They gave us 2 keys, one for the building and the other for the apartment.
5) We reminded them that we had booked 2 apartments to accomodate 5 people for 2 periods of time (mid and end of August). However, only 1 was available at both check-ins, and the "story" was always the same : "the 2nd. apartment has the toilet broken".
6) In both periods, a 2nd. apartment was arranged for the 2nd. night on in the same building, but belonging to a different owner. This solution came up only after a strong insistance of ourselves, personnally and through Booking.com, and after our refusal to accept a 2nd. apartment 3 to 4 kms away from PFK, what would lead to the separation of our group.
7) Finaly, we didn't cancel the reservation for the 2nd. period, because we coundn't find a suitable alternative on time, otherwise we would be charged in our credit card for the whole amount.
8) Also, in the beginning of our first stay, we were warned by Booking.com to keep the apartment for the whole time (4 nights), or would have to pay this period in full. We didn't expect such a warning as even Booking.com recognized that there had been a clear breach of contract by the owner.
Location, good access to transportation and shopping at a 2 minute walk supermarket with good/fresh food.