The City Hotel Irodion is PERFECTLY situated for a Hannover City trip.
I was fortunate NOT to read the previous traveller reviews, until a night before our departure.
I made my wife aware of the comments that I had read, so that she could prepare herself for the disappointment, of a dirty, smelly, unfriendly accommodation.
THEIR COMMENTS IN NO WAY REFLECTED THE HOTEL THAT WE VISITED………
1. It was a 3 minute walk from Hannover HBF. Leave by the main entrance into Ernst August plaza, where the King’s statue on a horse is. Cross the road & tramway to Bahnhof Strasse. Walk for 2 minutes & turn right into Gross Packhoffstrasse.
2. The Hotel is above the Greek Gyros Restaurant – lovely food and if you dine in, NOT snack, a 15% discount is given. The entrance is clearly shown to the left of the Restaurant, as you look at it.
3. The Staff – either Greek or Turkish Kurds (family friends) are most accessible, kind and helpful.
4. The rooms are ALL fitted with mortise locks on the doors, so SECURITY was very good.
5. On leaving the Hotel on departure day @ 11.00am, they stored our cases WITHOUT INCIDENT and securely, until we collected them at 17.00 hours.
6. The room was spacious, well fitted out with a BRILLIANT shower.
MY WIFE AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY, BASED UPON OUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
IT IS A City Hotel.where life and businesses begin around 6.30am
This is when the noise in the Street starts - refuse removal, deliveries etc.
The thoroughfare is busy until at least 2.00am with passers by.
THE ROOM HAD BLACK OUT CURTAINS AND DOUBLE GLAZING, SO EVERY EFFORT WAS PROVIDED FOR A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.