-Staff at check-in spoke perfect English & French. Really knowledgable & helpful for information.
- We received a 2 euros discount per person for the 2 castle combination tour - was a nice gesture for their guests.
- lots of extra plugs, really useful for charging all at the same time: 2 phones, 2 cameras & 1 electronic cigarette battery, not counting the existing plugs for the 2 bed-side lamps.
- expect basic necessities - no tv, no hair dryer etc.
- Location couldn't have been better.
Breakfast was not fancy, but decent & was included in our room price.
Overall, the hotel was clean, beds were decent, rooms clean & warm, bathroom good size & clean, perfect location. For the price we paid, it was more than fair.
We wouldn't stay more than 2 nights, so for our short weekend, it was perfectly ok.
- No internet access at all, no wifi (free or not).
- Small hotel, so check-in hours are quite strict. You really have to call to let them know you will be late (eg "stuck in traffic"), and check-in is no later than 9pm.
- double bed was actually 2 single beds together with their thick wooden frames, really forcing couples to sleep each on their sides of the bed (can be a good thing for some couples perhaps), so really not "romantic".