1. I clearly specified upon the booking not to have a bunk bed and when I came into room, the first thing I see is a bunk bed. Even though the room next to me (2 doors aways) was free, the same day of my arrival,I saw the lady changing sheets and cleaning, and this room had 3 normal beds. So my request was just simply ignored.
2. I called to the hostel before arrival and the man answered in spanish, which I don't speak unfortunately. I was asking questions and he answered in spanish (even though by the end I found out what I wanted). I arrived to the hostel and met that man who happens to speak english not badly.
3. Take towels with ya! Otherwise you have to pay 2 EUR and 2EUR deposit for borrowing.
Overall, no negative feelings from the place, since we confront everything with the price, for that value of money it is a good deal.
Decent place for the hostel and the price we paid. Best things to take into considerations:
1. location: Sol metro station (3m walk), Calle Mayor is 7m walk, accessible to everything, easy to find, surrounded by cafes and shops.
2. fast checkin and checkout. assertive staff, possibility to keep the documents in the receiption safe.
3. further facilities as zone for wifi, kitchen, beverage automat, snack automat, elevator, help desk, TV (movie nights), they even have popcorn (charged) and free walking tours. Nice range of offers.
4. it is a good place not only to save money but to get to know the budget places around, and people who give you valuable advises.
5. Breakfast is ok to assuage.