- The grounds and hotel itself are so beautiful. The pond and trees are enchanting and it's a perfect 'Provence' experience, away from the center of town.
- The room is large and beautifully appointed.
- The bathroom is clean and spacious.
- The staff are lovely and courteous.
- Wifi was very weak and sporadic. Although I didn't come to Provence to use the internet, there is little else to do in a thunderstorm, which made it unbearable without a good wifi connection. This is very easy to fix.
- Sunlounges on balcony were covered in dirt from the roof, never cleaned during my stay. I put a towel down, but again this is easy to fix.
- This seems to be more to do with French hotels in general, but a double room equates to two single beds pushed together. Ok when I'm staying in other hotels, but not for a 4 star hotel, I expected a comfortable bed without a gap in the middle.
- No iron and ironing board in bedroom. Asking for one was met with slight confusion. Wore wrinkled clothes instead of using pressing service. This isn't a large hotel where this would be hard to provide them for each room, this would be easy and cheap to do.
- Breakfast was lovely but at 10am I seemed to have missed it all - only one serve of eggs, two slices of bacon, two sausages. I was lucky, but I felt bad for the man who sat down after me.
Don't let the above deter you. My advice is to go when the weather is great, and get a better room (a Queen bed, etc), go early for breakfast, and bring clothes that don't need much ironing. This really is a great hotel, and deserves it's four stars, it just needs a little attention to some simple fixes.