The room smelled very strongly of cigarettes, which was pretty awful, and the "balcony" was full of cigarette butts and a discarded soiled vest, which was then joined by two pizza boxes and some decomposing pizza which hit my window the first morning. There were random stains on the floor and walls, which were a little worrying. It seemed that it was impossible to relax, with random people shouting in various languages out of windows at all hours. The stove and fridge/freezer, though present, were not fit for purpose. The stove couldn't do anything between 'too hot' and 'stone cold', so cooking was pretty impossible, and the lack of cooking equipment or crockery was a serious problem. The fridge froze the few foods I had bought, rendering them inedible. The shower, though always hot enough, had a broken fixing, and so I had to hold it in my hand to wash myself. Many of the lights in the room didn't work, and strange noises came from various parts of the room almost constantly. The location was pretty awful, being so close to the main road meant deafening traffic and nearly all hours. The area was pretty awful two, with lots of graffiti, dilapidated areas, and litter. The buses don't run very often at some times of day, so you have to plan your journeys well, which is difficult for any international visitors. Overall, I was very glad to see the back of it. None of my concerns were addressed, despite my speaking with the staff.
It was convenient enough, close to some useful places, and the staff were fairly helpful and polite, even if they didn't actually sort out my issues.