Search for hotels in Swindon
Whittingham Drive, SN4 0QJ Swindon Show map
Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds, Alexandra House boasts impressive leisure facilities and comfortable rooms. The hotel is just 4 miles (6.4 km) from the centre of Swindon.
The superb health and leisure club offers an indoor swimming pool, a gym, an all-weather tennis court, a sauna and a steam room.
Relax in the games bar, with pool tables, X-Boxes and satellite TV.
Local attractions include Swindon Designer Shopping Outlet, Stonehenge, Longleat and Newbury Racecourse. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore Cheltenham, Bath and the Cotswolds.
Located on the outskirts of Swindon in the village of Wroughton, there is easy access to the M4 motorway, which is 5 miles (8 km) away.
Hotel Chain: Principal Hayley Hotels & Conference Venues
When would you like to stay?
- 24-hour front desk
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Safety deposit box
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
- Restaurant (à la carte)
- Restaurant (buffet)
- Tennis court
- Fitness centre
- Games room
- Hot tub
- BBQ facilities
- Indoor pool
- Indoor pool (all year)
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Business centre
- Dry cleaning
- VIP room facilities
- Trouser press
WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not possible).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 14:00 hours
07:00 - 11:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Children's cots/cribs are not available.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
- Diners Club
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Alexandra House is a completely new building and has enabled Hayley to re-visit the concept and design of every part of the establishment from bedrooms to conference rooms.
As a brand new development, Alexandra House puts every aspect of the unique Hayley package under the microscope. The result is an improved conference and hospitality experience, backed by sensational Hayley service.
Child swim times are available on Saturdays and Sundays between 14.00 and 17.00. From 01 August until 13 September, this will operate daily between 13.00 and 16.00.
All rooms have en suite facilities including a shower and bath. Each room is equipped with a wide range of practical facilities, including a flat-screen television.
Marlborough Golf Club (10 km) - Offering a challenge for low-handicapped players on the rolling Marlborough Downs.
Cadley Clay Shooting Ground (13 km) - Also in Marlborough, offering practice, tuition and corporate services in the art of clay pigeon shooting.
Atwell Wilson Motor Museum (28 km) - Situated in Calne, this museum displays a variety of cars, motorcycles and other vehicles.
From the M4 (west)
- Leave the M4 at Junction 16 and take the 3rd exit signed Wroughton and B4005.
- Continue for approximately 800 metres and then turn left, staying on the B4005 towards Wroughton.
- Continue for almost 3 km, travelling over 2 mini-roundabouts, until you reach a T-junction.
- Turn left onto the A4361 towards Chiseldon.
- Travel straight over a mini-roundabout and then at the next roundabout, with the 'Three Tuns' pub on your left, take the 2nd exit towards Barbury Castle.
- Continue for 2.5 km on the B4005, passing a housing estate on your right.
- Take the next turning on your right, then the next road on your right.
- Alexandra House will be on your left-hand side.
From the M4 (east)
- Leave the M4 at Junction 15 and take the 1st exit signed A346 to Marlborough.
- After 1.5 km, take the turning on the right signed B4005 (situated just before the petrol station).
- Continue on this road until you reach the next mini-roundabout with the 'Patriots Arms' pub on your left where you will take the 2nd exit staying on the B4005.
- Follow remaining directions from the B4005, outlined above.
Free parking is available on-site at the hotel.
The leisure facilities at Alexandra House are only accessible to those over 18 years of age.
At weekends, bar snacks replace the full restaurant service.