Search for hotels in Burton upon Trent
The Brookhouse Hotel Ltd
Brookside, Rolleston On Dove, DE13 9AA Burton upon Trent Show map
Set in a beautiful country garden, this distinctive hotel offers excellent food and good quality beds, and is convenient for East Midlands and Birmingham airports.
North of Burton-On-Trent, just off the A38/A50, the charming Brookhouse is set in a quintessentially English village with thatched cottages and a flowing brook.
The restaurant has a reputation for good food, and reserving a table is essential, especially at weekends. Soft lights and candlelight reflect in the silver and crystal, and fresh flowers are everywhere. Freshness is the order of the day, and your food is cooked to order. The wine list offers imaginative, rare and unusual wines.
Bedrooms are splendidly appointed, but do ask to see the other bedrooms. You will find a remarkable collection of comfortable, gorgeously decorated antique beds.
When would you like to stay?
- 24-hour front desk
- Luggage storage
- Dry cleaning
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 14:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 3 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Free! All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
All older children or adults are charged GBP 15 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
- Diners Club
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Food & beverage
Food is freshly cooked to order and you can choose from Dover sole, lobster and venison, to home-reared saddle of lamb. Booking is essential, especially at weekends.
During the weekends, breakfast is served between 08:00 and 09:45.
From the M1 North:
- Leave the M1 at junction 28, and take the A38 Derby exit off the roundabout.
- Stay on the A38. As you near Derby, signs will change to A38 Burton-on- Trent.
- Take the Burton North/Clay Mills junction. Stay in the right-hand lane up, head up the slip road and follow signs for Rolleston and Tutbury.
- We are situated in the centre of Rolleston, on the right-hand side.
From the M1 South:
- Leave the M1 at junction 24 onto the A50 - Stoke Road.
- Leave the A50 at junction 4 for the A38 Burton, and follow signs as above.
From the M6 North:
- Leave the M6 at junction 16 onto the A500, and follow signs for Stoke and exit onto A50 Uttoxter/Derby.
- Stay on the A50 and exit at the Burton on Trent junction by Hays Dove Valley Distribution, and follow signs for Burton.
- Turning right at Salt Box junction, go through Hatton and then straight over the mini roundabout.
- Take the first left at the next roundabout onto the bypass.
- At the next roundabout, take the first left for Rolleston and follow the road round into the village.
- The hotel is situated just past the centre on the left.
From the M42:
- Take junction 9 off the M42, following signs for Lichfield, and passing The Belfry golf course.
- Keep following Lichfield signs and you will arrive at the A38.
- Stay on the A38 towards Derby and take the 2nd Burton exit marked Burton North/Clay Mills.
- Just up the slip road, the Rolleston/Tutbury turn-off is on the right.
The Derby - London (direct) line is 10 miles away. Burton upon Trent Station is around 4 miles from the Brookhouse.
East Midlands Airport is approximately 20 miles from the Brookhouse. Birmingham Airport is approximately 35 miles away.
The hotel is flexible with its check-in and check-out times, in order to coincide with your travel arrangements.
The restaurant is not open for lunch on Saturdays, or dinner on Sundays, but has a pub in the village that serves all day. Bookings can be made in alternative restaurants. It is necessary to make dinner reservations for the weekend as the restaurant is always busy and a table cannot be guaranteed if you have not pre-booked.