Search for hotels in Maidstone
Detling Coach House
Scragged Oak Road, Detling, ME14 3HB Maidstone Show map
Situated in a countryside location on the outskirts of Maidstone with easy access from the M2 and M20, this beautifully converted coach house offers friendly 3-star bed and breakfast accommodation.
Detling Coach House uses free range eggs from the resident, home grown chickens, as well as locally sourced products.
Detling Coach House offers you a central location where you can easily explore Maidstone, Sittingbourne, Snodland, West Malling, Leeds Castle, Rochester, Canterbury and the rest of Kent – the Garden of England. It is an ideal setting for visiting the many businesses situated in and around Maidstone, or for relaxing in a peaceful country setting on the picturesque North Downs Way. The close proximity to Kent County Showground makes this B&B ideal for visiting the many events held there.
For your convenience, free parking and wireless internet access is available at the coach house. Awarded 3-star status by Quality in Tourism, this friendly bed and breakfast accommodation offers a great location from where you can visit the many attractions of Kent.
When would you like to stay?
- Non-smoking rooms
- Soundproof rooms
- Luggage storage
- Allergy-free room
- Non-smoking throughout
- Tennis court
- Fitness centre
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Horse riding
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Packed lunches
- Private check-in/check-out
- Shuttle service (free)
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
16:00 - 22:00 hours
Until 10:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 3 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Free! All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
All children under 12 years are charged GBP 5 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
From the M20:
- Leave the M20 at junction 7, onto the A249 (signposted Sittingbourne, Dover).
- Approximately 2.5 miles along here you will pass under Jade's Crossing Foot Bridge.
- On the brow of the hill you need to turn left into Scragged Oak Road (signposted Bredhurst).
- This is a country road.
- The hotel is approximately 0.5 miles along this road on the left-hand side just past entrance 6 to the showground.
- (The hotel is the 1st property on the left-hand side as the road turns to single lane.)
From the M2:
- Come off at junction 5.
- On the A249 head towards Maidstone for approximately 5 miles.
- As you pass the Kent Showground on the right-hand side, you need to get into the right-hand lane and turn right into Scragged Oak Road (signposted Bredhurst and Showground U-turn).
- Continue as above directions.
By Rail: 3 miles from Bearsted train station. 20 minutes drive from Ashford International.