The service is poor! We stayed for one night only and experienced the following:
- the barman refused to serve us with tap water. He said we had to go to the restaurant for tap water and the bar only served bottled water for which we had to pay. However, the following morning I ordered tap water from another bartender who was happy to serve it
- Notwithstanding the already fairly limited menu in the restaurant, three of the dishes that we tried to order were sold out
- We specifically ordered two dishes with truffles, because we love truffles! However we couldn't taste the truffles. When we raised this, we were told that there were a small amount and the flavour was 'very subtle'!
- Overall, the food was disappointing
- The shower was luke-warm
- The check-out experience was a fiasco! We had been charged for 4 breakfasts on the same day and only managed to extract the correct balance after 5 incorrect bills and half an hour of waiting around, causing us to miss our train!
Overall, the service does not match the quality of the venue. Very disappointing!
Lovely, 16th century former royal hunting lodge surrounded by beautiful, immaculate gardens.