Search for hotels in Birmingham
Hatters Birmingham Hostel
92-95 Livery Street, B3 1RJ Birmingham Show map
In Birmingham’s thriving Jewellery Quarter, this modern hostel offers fun accommodation with free Wi-Fi. It has a lively atmosphere with bright common areas, including a shared kitchen and a TV lounge with a library.
Hatters Birmingham Hostel offers secure rooms with private bathrooms, as well as beds in shared dormitories. Light and stylish, each private room is individually decorated.
Free tea, coffee, toast, jams and juice are available 24-hours a day on an all-you-can-eat basis. While guests also have access to a TV lounge, PC suite and outdoor area.
The National Indoor Arena (NIA) is just 0.6 miles away and Broad Street is just a 10-minute walk from the front door.
When would you like to stay?
- 24-hour front desk
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Family rooms
- Safety deposit box
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
- Designated smoking area
- Games room
- BBQ facilities
- Souvenirs/gift shop
- Packed lunches
- Tour desk
WiFi is available in public areas and charges are applicable.
No parking available.
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 14:00 hours
05:30 - 11:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking for more than 7 persons, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Accepted credit cards
- Carte Bleue
- ATM card
- Red 6000
- Carte Blanche
- Red Compra
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
The hostel has a bright lively atmosphere with welcoming common areas and like-minded people. You can help yourself to tea and coffee from the kitchen, relax in front of the TV in the lounge or keep in contact with friends and family using the wireless internet access. There is a selection of books available for you to read during your stay.
The building itself is rich in history and the original FA Cup was made on the premises.
Set in the heart of the city, the hostel is within walking distance of most of Birmingham's attractions, including the Bullring shopping centre.
National attractions like Cadbury's World and the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) are within easy reach. Villa Park, home of Aston Villa Football Club, and St Andrew's stadium, home ground of Birmingham City Football Club, are also easy to get to.
Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter, where the hostel is located, has a lively atmosphere with plenty of live music venues, museums, trendy bars and restaurants nearby. Some of the city's best bars are just a short walk away, including the Actress & Bishop and Jools Holland's Jam House.
The great location also means the hostel offers easy access to all of the city's transport networks.
From Birmingham International Airport:
10-20 minutes by train to Birmingham New Street train station.
From Birmingham New Street Station
- Exit through the Pallasades Shopping Centre.
- Turn left at the Tourist Information Centre.
- Follow signs for Jewellery Quarter, turning right at Temple Street.
- At the cathedral, follow the path around to the right and continue down Colmore Row.
- Turn left onto Newhall Street and continue until you reach Charlotte Street, turning right.
- You will pass St Pauls Church and the Jam House club.
- Continue straight until you reach the railway arches and turn left.
- This street is Livery Street and the hostel is just seconds away from you.
You can catch a connection to Snow Hill Station, which is just seconds from the front door.
- Take the M6.
- Exit at junction 6 onto the A38 for Central Birmingham.
- Stay on the A38 for approximately 2.5 miles, moving into the slow lane on the flyover.
- Indicate left and exit (do not go through underpass), signposted for A41 West Bromwich and Jewellery Quarter.
- At St.Chad's Queensway roundabout, take the third exit off the roundabout into Constitution Hill (signposted A41 West Bromich) and get into left-hand lane.
- 50 yards on, before traffic lights, turn left into Water Street.
- Continue up to the crossroads and turn right into Livery Street.
- The hostel is at number 92-95.
You must show a valid photo ID at check-in. Driving license, passport or valid student ID are accepted.
Groups of 7 or more may be contacted via email for full payment and names in advance. For group bookings where payment is not received within 1 week of arrival, the booking may be cancelled and beds resold.
All bookings made for more than 14 people will not be accepted and will be cancelled.