Search for hotels in Newcastle under Lyme
Great National Newcastle-under-Lyme
Clayton Rd, Clayton, ST5 4AF Newcastle under Lyme Show map
Minutes from the Junction 15 of the M6, the Great National Newcastle-under-Lyme is in a quiet setting and boasts a bar and a restaurant. It is 3 miles from Stoke-on-Trent, with the breathtaking scenery of the Peak District a short drive away.
The Newcastle-under-Lyme has airy, stylish and modern bedrooms, with 2 great restaurants on site.
The Kavi Restaurant has a glass show kitchen in the middle of the restaurant offering modern Indian fusion food. The Chic is a modern bar, serving a variety of continental meals and snacks.
This hotel has an extensive conference, banqueting and wedding service available. Public areas boast Spanish marble and contemporary fittings.
Local attractions include world-famous pottery makers Wedgwood and Royal Doulton, along with theme park Alton Towers. All are within a short drive of the Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Hotel Chain: Great National Hotels
When would you like to stay?
- 24-hour front desk
- Non-smoking rooms
- Family rooms
- Express check-in/check-out
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
- Air conditioning
- Restaurant (à la carte)
- Room service
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Dry cleaning
- Breakfast in the room
- Bridal suite
- Packed lunches
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Trouser press
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 14:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Free! All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Food & beverage
The hotel boasts 2 superb highly commended restaurants on site, ‘Kavi’ specialises with a modern contemporary Indian fusion menu with the emphasis on quality ingredients all prepared in the ‘show kitchen’ by our highly accomplished chef’s.
The Chic Restaurant offers sophisticated ambience, contemporary décor, a menu of traditional English favourites complemented with a wide range of international dishes for a classic dining experience.
All rooms also have a widescreen TV. Please see individual room details for a complete list of facilities on offer.
Locally hiking in Peak District, Premiership football at the Britannia Stadium with Stoke City, visit Trentham Estate and Gardens, Stapeley Water Gardens Alton Towers and the World Famous Potteries area.
From the M1 junction 24 and Derby:
- Take the A50 signposted off junction 24 and follow all the way into Stoke-on-Trent.
- When you reach the end of the A50 (dual carriageway in Stoke, the Brittania Stadium is on your left) follow signs for the A6 South and join the A500.
- Follow the A500 to the last traffic island before the M6, turn right onto the A519 towards Newcastle-under- Lyme (Clayton Road).
- At the next island, go straight on. The hotel is situated on the left-hand side after the Nuffield Hospital.
- The entrance is shared with the Somerfield Garage.
From the M6 - Birmingham and Manchester:
- At junction 15 of the M6, turn left at the roundabout onto the A519, Clayton Road.
- At the second roundabout, go straight over. The hotel is approximately 300 yards down on your left-hand side.