눉Upon arriving at the arranged time (2 pm) I was given the keys to the room downstairs, block C, by a woman who wouldn't speak English at all, so I was clueless about how to pay or ask for anything needed. The host never showed up during my 4-day stay, and when I tried to contact him by email the wifi was down. Eventually, the day the Internet worked, I managed to get in touch with him and was shocked when he asked me to email my credit card information. Then, the next day he sent an employee to collect the cash payment. As for the cons I found with the apartment itself, besides a very poor wifi (the signal is strong, but you frequently get "authentication errors")—the kitchen furniture size is too big for the room size, leaving no space for a (very) needed table and/or something to put your luggage on. Maybe a set of bunk beds instead of a double bed would work nicely. The shower drain was clogged, there wasn't any mops or brooms to clean, and the bathroom has no hooks or shelves at all, so I bought a self-adhesive toothbrush holder and left it there. It's true that sometimes the front door is left ajar by some guests, but this could be solved by securing the door with proper locking system.
눇- Excellent location, served by bus lines, tube, overground and National Rail lines as well.
- Safe, nice neighborhood.
- Lots of shops, supermarkets, launderettes and restaurants around.
- Fully equipped kitchen, with all the necessary (not more, not less) for 2 people—cutlery, dishware, tea-coffee making facilities with tea bags, coffee, sugar sachets, etc., and appliances in full working order, including a hair dryer.
- Dish cleaning tools provided: dish liquid, sponge, paper towels, paper napkins, gloves, etc.
- Cleaning wasn't exceptional, but acceptable—however, not all the kitchenware is ready for use and I had to buy, among other few things, kitchen towels that also left there.
- Very convenient rates, something quite unusual for London.
Bottom line: I would gladly be back the next time if some of the cons listed above were addressed.