Search for hotels in Abingdon
Kingfisher Barn Holiday Cottages
Rye Farm, OX14 3NN Abingdon Show map
This bed and breakfast offers comfortable en suite rooms in a peaceful courtyard. It is within walking distance of Abingdon town centre and has a heated indoor swimming pool.
An excellent alternative to hotels in Abingdon, this bed and breakfast is on the outskirts, just 8 miles (13 km) from Oxford. There are amenities such as petrol stations, cash points, shops, many restaurants and a sports centre all within walking distance.
All rooms include private door access, free Wi-Fi, Freeview TV, toiletries and tea/coffee making facilities. You can leave your car in the ample private car park and, on a sunny evening, enjoy the walk to the local pub on the banks of the River Thames.
A continental breakfast, including fresh coffee, yoghurt, cereals, fresh fruit, juice and toasts with butter and jam are served in the guests' room at a time of the guests' choosing.
When would you like to stay?
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Family rooms
- Safety deposit box
- Luggage storage
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- BBQ facilities
- Indoor pool
- Room service
- Breakfast in the room
WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 13:00 hours
Until 10:30 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
Accepted credit cards
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Abingdon town centre is approximately one mile away, where you can easily find cash points, shops, petrol stations, doctors, dentists, vets and a large sports centre.
Enjoy the local countryside by cycling and walking along the Thames Path. Venture further afield to Oxford, a city steeped in history, or even head to the Cotswolds for a bit of antique hunting.
Bleinham Palace with its amazing grounds and gardens is only 20 minutes' drive away.
Locally you can enjoy golf, the cinema, the theatre, many museums, bowling, dog racing, ice skating, clubbing, boating, punting and fishing. The office holds information on all these attractions and many more.
By Public Transport
The nearest train stations are Oxford and Didcot, both similar distances away (around 8 miles).
The bed and breakfast is close to major routes such as the A34, M4 and M40.
From the A34;
- Head for Abingdon town centre and continue across 3 roundabouts.
- After the 3rd roundabout you will find yourself on Ock Street (A415).
- Proceed to the traffic lights.
- Turn left onto Stratton Way and pass the 1st set of traffic lights.
- Continue up to the 2nd set of traffic lights, but please notice that the road will widen to go left or right.
- Approach the traffic lights in the right-hand lane.
- After the traffic lights turn right into Stert Street.
- Once in Stert Street you pass 2 pedestrian crossings and the church clock tower on the left.
- Continue straight on the A415 over the Abingdon bridge and pass the Nags Head pub on the left.
- Just over the bridge, turn left into the public car park and follow the single-track lane in front of you. This will lead to Kingfisher Barn.
Travel cots, high chairs and disabled equipment are available on request. Please contact the cottages in advance.
American Express is not accepted as payment.
Well-behaved pets are welcome, and there is an extra charge. Please contact the cottages in advance.