Search for hotels in Tetbury
London Road, GL8 8JJ Tetbury Show map
The stylish and friendly Priory Inn is a privately-owned hotel and restaurant, just a few minutes' walk from Tetbury's shops and a 5-minute drive from the National Arboretum at Westonbirt. There is free on-site parking.
The family-friendly Priory has a popular restaurant, which is committed to using fresh, local produce. There is also a wood-fired oven for home-baked specialities and gourmet pizzas.
The Priory's en suite rooms are simple and calming with comfortable beds, individual art, hand-made local toiletries and children's facilities. There is Wi-Fi access throughout and DVD players in each room.
The Priory is set in a beautiful historical building with stone walls and exposed beams. Surrounded by Gloucestershire countryside, the inn is a 30-minute drive from Gloucester and 20 minutes from Stroud.
When would you like to stay?
Facilities of Priory Inn
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Family Rooms
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- Baggage Storage
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (Public and Private)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Babysitting/Child Services
- Dry Cleaning
- Ironing Service
- Packed Lunches
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Daily maid service
Wireless Internet Hotspot is available in all areas and charges apply.
Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Policies of Priory Inn
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type, please also check the room conditions.
15:00 - 22:00 hours
07:30 - 11:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/cribs in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize credit cards prior to arrival.
The award-winning Priory Inn emphasizes quality, simplicity, service and good value.
Every room features a unique and beautiful canvas, commissioned to enhance the peaceful atmosphere.
Locally hand-made toiletries, white-tiled bathrooms and fluffy towels add the little touch of Priory luxury.
Cribs available for children, and most baby monitors work in the pub. Ask at the front desk for a range of children’s books and puzzles.
The Priory Inn is located in the heart of the beautiful market town of Tetbury in Gloucestershire, within walking distance of many renowned antiques stores, and a short drive from Highgrove, Prince Charles’ private country residence.
Tetbury, on the Avon River, has been described as an ‘architectural gem’. The central part of the town is largely unchanged since the 16th and 17th centuries, and many parts are clearly linked to medieval times. It is home to the beautiful St. Mary's church, one of England’s finest examples of the Gothic revival style of architecture.
From the east:
- From M4 junction 17, take the A429 north towards Malmesbury and Cirencester.
- You will go through a village called Corston, then after approximately 3.2 km/ 2 miles you will approach the Malmesbury roundabout which you need to go straight across.
- You will start seeing signs for Tetbury.
- About 800 metres/ 0.5 miles down the road, take a left turn on the B4014 signposted for Tetbury (after the BP Petrol station and opposite a garden centre).
- Follow this country road for 7.2 km/ 4.5 miles.
- You will pass through Long Newnton and enter the town of Tetbury.
- Go straight across the mini-roundabout next to the Marketplace in the centre of the town following Long Street as it bends to the right.
-The Priory Inn is on the right-hand side.
This journey will take you approximately 15 minutes from junction 17.
From the west:
- From M4 junction 18, take the A46 North towards Stroud.
- Drive for 8.9 km/ 5.5 miles.
- Once you pass through a place called Petty France, turn right onto the A433 towards Westonbirt Arboretum and Tetbury.
- Drive for 8 miles/ 12.9 km, passing through Didmarton and Doughton until you reach Tetbury.
- Turn left at the mini-roundabout with the Marketplace on your right and follow Long Street towards Cirencester.
- The road bends to the right about 250 metres from the mini roundabout.
- The Priory Inn is on the right-hand side.
This journey will take you approximately 15 minutes from junction 18.
From the North:
- From M5 junction 11a, take the A417 Brockworth by-pass towards Cirencester.
- Exit to A429 Burford Road signposted Cirencester town centre.
- Follow the A429 left at the next roundabout.
- At the next roundabout, take the A419 towards Stroud.
- Go straight through the next roundabout continuing on the A419. You will start seeing signs for Tetbury.
- At the next roundabout, turn left onto the A433 Tetbury Road.
- Continue for about 12.8 km/ 8 miles on the A433 as you enter Tetbury.
- Upon entering Tetbury, you pass straight through 2 mini roundabouts and pass a large Tesco on the left.
- We are about 250 metres past the Tesco on the left.
This journey will take you approximately 35 minutes from junction 11a.