St John's Lodge
Lake Road, Windermere, LA23 2EQ, United Kingdom – Great location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.3/10! (score from 622 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
|Standard Double Room|
|Cosy Double Room|
|Superior Double Room|
|Large King Room|
We work hard to make our guests feel welcome at St John's Lodge with a warm welcome, advice about the area, a peaceful night and fabulous breakfast!
St John's Lodge takes special requests - add in the next step!
7 reasons to choose St John's Lodge
116 properties in Windermere
Manage your bookings online
They speak 3 languages
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Windermere
Pets are not allowed.
- Indoor pool
- Hot tub/jacuzzi
- Spa and wellness centre
- Fitness centre
Food & Drink
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! Free private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Private check-in/check-out
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in/check-out
Entertainment and family services
- Books, DVDs, music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily maid service
- Business centre
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Soundproof rooms
- Bridal suite
- VIP room facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
10:30 - 21:30 hours
Until 10:30 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Cash Cheque (domestic only)
Hover over the cards for more info.
A stay at St John’s Lodge for 2 nights or more includes a complimentary day membership at the Low Wood Leisure Club. This club is less than a 10-minute drive from St John's and has a 50-foot swimming pool, a fitness gym, fitness classes, squash, hot tub, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. The day membership also entitles guests to a 20% discount on beauty treatments, beauty products and the coffee bar and bistro.
Check-in is open between 10:30 - 21:30.
- Leave the M6 at junction 36. St John's Lodge is 17 miles from the M6.
- Travel along the A590 by-passing Kendal and then at a large roundabout take the second exit, signposted
- A591 for Windermere -Turn off the A591 at Windermere (The Windermere Hotel is in front of you and the entrance to Windermere train station is on your left)
- Continue down through Windermere village on the one-way system to Lake Road – the main road to Bowness
- You will pass a Lakeland slate monument known as Baddeley Clock on your left, then Morgan’s Dentist and then St John’s Lodge is only a few more doors down on your left.
Please inform St John's Lodge in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
100% verified reviews
Real guests. Real stays. Real opinions.
Based on 622 reviews
Good: 7 – 9
Okay: 5 – 7
Poor: 3 – 5
Very poor: 1 – 3
Value for money
Show reviews from: