St John's Lodge
Lake Road, Windermere, LA23 2EQ, United Kingdom – Great location - show map
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 624 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at St John's Lodge.
|Standard Double Room|
|Cosy Double Room|
|Superior Double Room|
|Large King Room|
We work hard to make our guests feel welcome at St John's Lodge with a warm welcome, advice about the area, a peaceful night and fabulous breakfast!
St John's Lodge takes special requests – add in the next step!
7 Reasons to Choose St John's Lodge
117 properties in Windermere
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Windermere
Pets are not allowed.
- Indoor Pool
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Fitness Center
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
Free! Free private parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Express Check-in/Check-out
Entertainment & Family Services
- Books, DVDs, Music for Kids
- Board Games/Puzzles
- Daily Housekeeping
- Business Center
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Soundproof Rooms
- Honeymoon Suite
- VIP Room Facilities
- Non-smoking Rooms
Area Info – Great location - show map
- World of Beatrix Potter 0.5 miles
- Lake Windermere 1.1 miles
- Hill Top 2.7 miles
- Grizedale Forest 3.5 miles
- Tarn Hows 5.7 miles
Most Popular Landmarks Nearby
- Rydal Water 6.3 miles
- Coniston Water 6.7 miles
- Lakes Aqaurium 6.7 miles
- Killington Lake Services M6 11.8 miles
10:30 AM - 9:30 PM
Until 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Cash Check (domestic only)
Hover over the cards for more info.
A stay at St John’s Lodge for 2 nights or more includes a complimentary day membership at the Low Wood Leisure Club. This club is less than a 10-minute drive from St John's and has a 50-foot swimming pool, a fitness gym, fitness classes, squash, hot tub, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. The day membership also entitles guests to a 20% discount on beauty treatments, beauty products and the coffee bar and bistro.
Check-in is open between 10:30 - 21:30.
- Leave the M6 at junction 36. St John's Lodge is 17 miles from the M6.
- Travel along the A590 by-passing Kendal and then at a large roundabout take the second exit, signposted
- A591 for Windermere -Turn off the A591 at Windermere (The Windermere Hotel is in front of you and the entrance to Windermere train station is on your left)
- Continue down through Windermere village on the one-way system to Lake Road – the main road to Bowness
- You will pass a Lakeland slate monument known as Baddeley Clock on your left, then Morgan’s Dentist and then St John’s Lodge is only a few more doors down on your left.
Please inform St John's Lodge of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details provided in your confirmation.
100% Verified Reviews
Real guests. Real stays. Real opinions.
Based on 624 reviews
Good: 7 – 9
Okay: 5 – 7
Poor: 3 – 5
Very poor: 1 – 3
Value for money
Show reviews from: