Search for hotels in Lymington
Stanwell House Hotel
High Street, SO41 9AA Lymington Show map
This privately owned hotel rests in the heart of the picturesque Regency market town of Lymington, perfect for exploring the delights of the New Forest.
Situated alongside the Solent, Lymington is also ideal for exploring the neighbouring historic towns of Winchester, Southampton, Romsey, Lyndhurst as well as Portsmouth and Salisbury.
The proximity of the international airports of Bournmouth and Southampton, and the excellent network of rail and motorways make this a very cosmopolitan and accessible destination.
When would you like to stay?
- Non-smoking rooms
- Express check-in/check-out
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
- Room service
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Babysitting/child services
- Dry cleaning
- Breakfast in the room
- Ironing service
- Bridal suite
- Packed lunches
WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 15:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Free! All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
All older children or adults are charged GBP 15 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
The Stanwell is a luscious hotel whose every surface and fabric bursts with fruity, jewelled shades of vibrant colour. Velvets and silks adorn windows and cover plump cushions. Burnished bare boards and York stone flags create stylish floors. An eclectic mix of junkshop finds prints and antiques fill the rooms with a riot of images, and even on the dreariest winter day the spirits soar.
Dining at the award winning Stanwell House is to a very high standard and local produce is used wherever possible. Dining at night is always by the light of many candles. The pretty walled gardens is sheltered and south facing for a spot of al fresco and the conservatory is a cosy year round meeting place for dining, beverages or just plain idling. The emphasis at Stanwell is on friendly, unobtrusive yet efficient service. The ambience is gentle, romantic, decadent at times, but always relaxing. There are no dress codes.
Wonderfully positioned on the coast, Lymington is surrounded by outstanding natural beauty as well as numerous historical sites such as the castle of Henry VIII at Hurst Spit and Buckler's Hard, where many of Nelson's ships were built.
Lymington is a departure point for the Isle of Wight Ferry Terminal, being situated at the western end of the Solent, the sheltered strip of water that draws sailors from all over the UK and beyond. Ideally situated for sailing on the Solent, Lymington is one of the world's premier sailing resorts, with 2 international marinas and the prestigious Royal Yacht Club of Lymington.
- Leave the M27 in the direction of Lyndhurst, the New Forest and the A337.
- After 350 metres, enter the roundabout and leave at the 1st exit onto the A336.
- After 500 metres, enter the next roundabout and take the 3rd exit onto Lyndhurst Road (A337).
- After 800 metres, you will enter Lyndhurst. Leave Lyndhurst Road and head straight forward onto the A337.
- Leave the A337 and turn left into the High Street.
- After 800 metres, leave the High Street and head straight on to Gosport Lane.
- After 250 metres you will have left Lyndhurst. Leave Gosport Lane (A337) and continue onto Clay Hill.
- After 9.5 km (6 miles), you will enter Lymington. Leave Clay Hill and turn left into the A337.
- Leave the A337 and turn left into St Thomas's Street.
- After 250 head straight on to the High Street, where you will find Stanwell House at the bottom.
Please note that music and Christmas celebrations will be ongoing until 00:00 throughout December from Thursday until Saturday.