Search for hotels in Thetford
The Glebe Country House Bed And Breakfast
34 London Road, Elveden, IP24 3TJ Thetford Show map
The Glebe is an impressive manor house standing in its own extensive grounds, offering a choice of excellent breakfasts, located on the A11 at Elveden, 2 miles (3.2 km) from Thetford.
Although not a hotel, The Glebe has en suite accommodation, easy access and free parking. All rooms are spacious, comfortable and well decorated. Each has a hospitality tray and a TV with Freeview channels.
The hotel's lounge has a TV with Sky for guests to enjoy. There are no bar or evening-meal facilities at The Glebe, but there are plenty of pubs and restaurants within 2-3 miles (3-5 km).
The area is known for its wildlife and beautiful landscape, with nearby Thetford Forest being popular with walkers and cyclists. The Glebe is also close to Center Parcs.
When would you like to stay?
- Non-smoking rooms
- Non-smoking throughout
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
16:00 - 22:00 hours
Until 10:30 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
Accepted credit cards
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
- Join the A11 trunk road between Cambridge and Norwich.
- Elveden village is situated 3 miles south of Thetford on the main A11.
- Continue straight on at the traffic lights at the B1106 junction in Elveden.
- After 600 metres, turn left, through iron railings onto a private road, just past the Post Office. (At night, look out for a 'right-hand bend' sign on the main A11 and turn left 50 metres past it, onto the private road).
- The drive to The Glebe is just ahead to the right and runs parallel to the A11.
Guests are kindly requested to inform the hotel of their estimated time of arrival. This can be noted in the Comments Box during booking or by contacting the property using the contact details found on the booking confirmation.