Search for hotels in Kingston upon Thames
The Kings Arms
2 Lion Gate, Hampton Court Road, KT8 9DD Kingston upon Thames Show map
Perched on the edge of Hampton Court Palace, this historic hotel boasts individually styled and themed rooms.
Backing onto the famous Hampton Court maze, providing easy access to the Palace grounds and Bushey Park, The Kings Arms is surrounded by sophisticated heritage. Built around 1709, with a stone frontage that can be dated back to 1658, the hotel was recently refurbished and now offers several distinctive, fully equipped rooms. Each based around the theme of Henry VIII and his 6 wives, you can enjoy a relaxed stay with a unique feel. Dine either al fresco in the courtyard, informally in the comfortable lounge bar, or in the restaurant for something a little extra special.
When would you like to stay?
- Non-smoking rooms
- Soundproof rooms
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Dry cleaning
- Packed lunches
- Special diet menus (on request)
WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
14:00 - 23:00 hours
07:00 - 11:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 3 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Free! All children under 2 years are charged GBP 0 per person per night for children's cots/cribs.
All older children or adults are charged GBP 25 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
The hotel restaurant serves a varied, seasonal mix of English and Mediterranean cuisine, freshly prepared to order using fresh ingredients from local suppliers. Meals can also be taken in the lounge bar, where a selection wines and real ales are available.
The King’s Arms is close to 3 racecourses: Kempton Park, (4 km / 2.5 miles), Sandown Park (6 km / 3.7 miles) and Epsom Downs (20 km / 12 miles).
The historic town of Richmond upon Thames (5.5 km / 3.4 miles) is worth a visit for its Thames boat trips.
The local Ham Polo Club (6.5 km / 4 miles) is a great way to spend a summer afternoon.
From the M25:
- Exit the M25 at junction 9.
- At the roundabout at the end of the slip road, take the 3rd exit onto the A243.
- At the next roundabout, stay on the A243 by taking the 3rd exit onto Kingston Road.
- At the next roundabout, continue straight and remain on the A243 (Hook Road).
- Continue to next roundabout. Take the 1st exit onto Hook Rise South.
- Head towards the Kingston Bypass (the A309).
- Stay on the A309 until you are able to exit via the A308.
- Turn the 1st corner and the hotel is appoximately 200 metres away, on your right.
From the M3:
- Leave the M3 via the A308 exit for Staines, Kingston and Sunbury.
- At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Staines Road East (A308).
- This ultimately becomes Hampton Court Road, take the 1st exit in order to remain on this road.
- Turn the 1st corner and the thoel is approximately 200 metres away, on your right.
There are 5 parking spaces available at the hotel, with other public parking facilities available nearby.
Free private parking is available on site although is limited to 6 spaces for hotel guests.