Search for hotels in Sutton Coldfield
The Royal Hotel
High St, B72 1UD Sutton Coldfield Show map
With modern, elegantly furnished rooms, The Royal Hotel is centrally located in the heart of Sutton Coldfield. This classic Georgian building still retains some of its original features.
The Royal has excellent transport links and free off-road parking for guests. The Royal Hotel is an excellent choice for visitors to Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham city centre and the NEC.
Live music is played over the weekend, with late music Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
When would you like to stay?
- 24-hour front desk
- Non-smoking rooms
- Family rooms
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
- Designated smoking area
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Car hire
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Vending machine (snacks)
WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
14:00 - 23:00 hours
07:00 - 12:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Free! All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- ATM card
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
The Royal Hotel has 3 licensed bars, each with screens which show all the major sporting events. The Royal Bar, fully refurbished in mid-2009, also plays host to live music every Thursday to Sunday. The bars are licensed until 03:00 on Friday and Saturday nights only.
For smokers, the hotel has recently installed a large outside patio smoking area with seating, heaters and rain covers.
Food & beverage
The Royal Hotel offers a choice of hot and cold food, served from 12:00 - 14:00 and 17:00 - 21:00 Monday to Friday. Food is served all day Saturday from 12:00 - 21:00. No food available on Sundays, except breakfast from 08:00-10:00.
All food is sourced and free range from local farms in the area. All meat and eggs meet the RSPCA freedom food accreditation. Food is not available at the weekends until further notice.
All 22 of the rooms have been fully refurbished to a high standard.
The hotel is in the Royal Borough of Sutton Coldfield and surrounded by beautiful parks and countryside. The shopping centre, bars, restaurants, train station (trains direct to Birmingham New Street or Lichfield), bus stops (buses direct to Drayton Manor theme park, and Birmingham city centre) are within walking distance.
A short drive away are the Belfrey Hotel & Golf Complex and Aston Wood Golf Club. Boldmere Golf Club is situated in Sutton Park.
From the north:
- Leave the M6 at junction 7.
- Turn left at the traffic lights onto the A4041 (Queslett Road east).
- At the 5th roundabout turn right (Streetly Lane).
- Keep to the park and turn right at the next set of traffic lights (Four Oaks Road).
- Go straight over the next roundabout and at the next set of traffic lights we are situated 400 yards on your right (Lichfield Road/ High Street A5127).
From the south:
- Join the M42 from the M40.
- Exit the M42 at junction 9 and take the 2nd exit - A446 to Lichfield (ignore the 1st left signpost to Sutton Coldfield).
- Continue past the Belfry Hotel/ Golf complex to the next roundabout. (Bassetts Pole Public House is on the corner.) - Continue onto the A453 (Tamworth Road).
- Follow it all the way to the next main set of traffic lights, which is a crossroads. (There will be luxury apartments situated on your left-hand side.)
- Take a left onto the A5127 (Lichfield Road/ High Street).
- We are situated 400 yards on your right.
All public transport is easily accessible to and from The Royal Hotel. We are situated just a short walk from Sutton Coldfield train station which has direct trains to Birmingham's main station, Birmingham New Street and Lichfield.
All the buses that run through Sutton Coldfield go directly to Birmingham city centre, Tamworth and Lichfield.
Payment is taken upon arrival unless otherwise arranged.
Usually, the bar hosts live music until late from Thursday to Sunday. Please take this into consideration when making a reservation. When booking, you can request a quieter room (subject to availability).
Only service pets are allowed at the hotel.
The Royal Hotel does not have a lift, so the higher floors are accessible by stairs only (2 flights to the first floor and 2 flights to the second floor).