Search for hotels in Yeovil
Thorne, BA213PZ Yeovil Show map
In a very quiet rural hamlet 3 miles from Yeovil town centre, we are close to all tourist attractions in the area and within easy reach of all local business establishments.
We are pleased to welcome you to Thorne Cottage, a charming guest house offering bed and breakfast accommodation. Literally the last house on the lane, guests constantly remark on how quiet it is. Our location exudes country charm with serene views of adjacent rolling farm land.
We have a large garden for guests to enjoy, and all rooms have a garden view. There is a pub within walking distance, serving all-day meals. There are many other good pubs within driving distance. Our rate includes a full cooked English breakfast, and we offer free Wi-Fi access and toiletries.
When would you like to stay?
- Non-smoking rooms
- Express check-in/check-out
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
14:00 - 22:00 hours
07:00 - 10:30 hours
Children and extra beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Food & beverage
A full cooked English breakfast is available every day and is included in the quoted room rates. Breakfast consists of eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato and baked beans. Guests can also enjoy fresh fruit, yoghurt, toast (wholemeal or white) with a choice of jams, marmalades and other preserves. There is also a selection of good quality herbal teas, hot chocolate and freshly brewed coffee available.
Yeovil is the largest town in South Somerset and a centre for local and regional services. The town and surrounding areas offer an excellent variety of shopping, recreational and cultural facilities. There is also a weekday market offering local and regional produce.
Some nearby attractions include:
The Quedam Shopping Centre
The Octagon Theatre
Nine Springs Country Park
Ham Hill Country Park – 5 miles away near the village of Stoke-sub-Hamdon, the park offers outstanding views of the Somerset countryside, good walking trails and a friendly pub.
From the North (M5):
- Leave the M5 at exit 25 (Taunton) and follow the A358 to Ilminster and join the A303.
- At the Cartgate roundabout (after signs for Martock and Stoke) turn right along the A3088 towards Yeovil.
- After about 4 miles, turn left at the first roundabout, then go straight on at the next 3 roundabouts, and straight up Western Avenue.
- At the T-junction, turn left, then take the next right (about 100 yards) down into the village of Thorne.
- Just before the gate across the road, take the last drive on the right-hand side. Come to the top of the drive where there is safe private parking.
From the East (A303):
- Leave the M3 at exit 8 (Popham) and join the A303.
- At Ilchester, join the A37 (south) towards Yeovil.
- After approximately 4 miles (coming up a hill) turn right at the roundabout, signposted to Thorne.
- Continue along this road, over a double mini-roundabout and onto Thorne Lane
- Continue over a second mini-roundabout then take the next right down into the village of Thorne.
- Just before the gate across the road, take the last drive on the right-hand side.
For those with Sat-Nav, our location is: 2 degrees 40' 37" W, 50 degrees 57' 31" N.
Please note: Access to Thorne from the north (via Chilthorne Domer) is restricted by a gate, so the best way to approach is from the southern end of the village, via Thorne Lane. Take care, particularly in the dark, not to miss the Thorne signpost off Thorne Lane. This can be difficult to see and also can be partly obscured by trees. Please telephone at any time if in doubt
By Public Transport
The nearest train stations are: Yeovil Junction 8 km and Yeovil Penn Mill 4 km. The nearest bus station is at Yeovil, 4 km away. The closest bus stop from Yeovil town centre is approx 3/4 mile from Thorne Cottage.