Search for hotels in Spennymoor
Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel
Brancepeth, DL16 7QX Spennymoor Show map
South of Durham city and close to the A1, the welcoming Whitworth Hall Hotel is set in the heart of a 73-acre deer park.
The parkland setting is home to a herd of fallow deer, an ornamental lake and historical gardens. The Grade II listed Whitworth Hall Hotel has a restaurant, as well as free parking and free Wi-Fi internet access.
The hotel is the former home of 'Bonny Bobby Shafto', an 18th-century member of parliament mentioned in an English folk song.
Hotel Chain: Best Western
When would you like to stay?
- 24-hour front desk
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Safety deposit box
- Luggage storage
- Non-smoking throughout
- Designated smoking area
- Sun terrace
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Children's playground
- BBQ facilities
- Room service
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Dry cleaning
- Ironing service
- Bridal suite
- Souvenirs/gift shop
- Packed lunches
- Trouser press
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
These are general hotel policies for . As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 14:00 hours
Until 10:00 hours
Children and extra beds
Free! All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 10 per person per night for children's cots/cribs.
Extra beds are not available.
The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 2.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
- Diners Club
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Food & beverage
The Library restaurant is the oldest part of the hotel. It serves classic cuisine and fine wines in sumptuous surroundings suitable for functions and private dining. Sunday lunch is served from 12:00 to 14:00. Dinner is served each night of the week from 18:30 until 21:30.
Silver Buckles Brasserie is a light and airy Victorian conservatory. It has a French-style menu. Lunch is served from Monday to Saturday between 12:00 and 14:00. Dinner is served from 18:30 to 21:30 every day. With a private bar and terrace, the brasserie suits private dining for groups of up to 30.
Shafto's inn and restaurant is beside the Victorian walled garden. It has a lakeside terrace and overlooks the deer park. It offers informal dining at affordable prices.
From the A1 motorway:
- At junction 61, take the A688 Spennymoor.
- Then follow the A688 Spennymoor and Bishop Auckland.
- You will eventually come to a roundabout signposted Middlestone Moor and Whitworth Hall to the right.
- After a mile, turn left at the traffic lights following the brown signs for Whitworth Hall Hotel, which is on the right after 1.5 miles.
- From the A690 towards Crook, take the first left after Brancepeth Village Spennymoor/Page Bank.
- Follow the brown signs for Whitworth Hall Hotel, which is on the left after 2 miles.