눉- Short bathtub with low-ish ceiling (5'10" or 176 cm above the tub) in our villa. If you are much taller than 5'10", it would be worth requesting a taller shower area when you book.
- If you have limited mobility, our villa would not be suitable, but again you could check with host for alternatives
- There might be mosquitoes (none when we were there mid-September) - the beds all have nets but ours was not big enough to cover the bed. Windows are netted.
- Finding the villa was a challenge - we wandered around for a while before realizing there are two villa complexes, you turn left just as you get to Lampini, and the first complex is then just on your right below the church, the other is 5 min drive further up the hill. Getting George's cell phone would be a good idea.
- If you can cope with the above, plus a mountain village location, go! This is a really beautiful special place.
눇- Wonderful stone cottages (two storey 'townhouse' style) on rural hillside on edge of a village near Spili, beautifully painted and decorated in artistic "rural" style and quite unique in our visit to Crete. Balconies and patios with fantastic view over mountains and valleys
- Upper cottages were very quiet - rural noises eg roosters were far away enough to be pleasant!
- Wonderful breakfast brought to your cottage every morning.
- Great wifi
- Several lovely clean swimming pools - almost one per cottage
- Very helpful host ('George' in English) - once you find him!
- Walking distance (10 min downhill on road, ok in dark) to friendly taverna at entrance to village, or a 10 min drive to Spili restaurants