1. The bartenders from the main bar were not always friendly. Sometimes the expression on their face was like they didn't like their job. A smile costs no money!
2. Wi-fi is very weak, and definitely if more people are in the lobby connected to it. As for a five star hotel, and in an digital era, wifi could have been in the rooms (for free!) and not only the lobby, This have to be better.
3. The air-conditioning in our room smelled very bad. We've communicated this problem at the reception the first day. The lady said she send here colleague to our room. In the first place it looked like it was repaired, but afterwards, the airco smelled the same as before: Like sewer fragrance.
4. As we checked-in, the receptionist told us that a colleague from her would pick us and our luggage up, and transport us to our building/room. After 1.5 hours waiting in the lobby (only we and another couple where waiting to picked-up), still nobody came. We searched our room by ourselves.
- The hotel is beautiful, and plenty of space to walk.
- The pool is very big and clean.
- The beach-side in front of the hotel is also pretty for staying. First you have to walk into a bit of stones to get into the sea, but ones in, it's only sand. The sea is just amazing. You can see fish swimming, the water is very clear.
- Rooms could a bit cleaner for a 5-star hotel, but still they're clean enough and beautiful.
- The spa/fitness is very relaxing and always accessible.
- Beds are very good
- Buffet is very extended, and plenty of choose. Try the Wok-restaurant but reserve on time! Breakfast is just heaven!! One of the best breakfast-buffets i've had in life.