눉1) Guests only get use of tiny bar fridge. A couple meals for 2 people fill up half of it. Sad, because it is a big, clean kitchen!
2) Food provided by hostel is expensive. My go-to for price comparison so far has been baleadas. Normally you can easily get one for 30 or 40 HNL. Here they want 70. I understand a full time lady is here for cooking / cleaning, but I would still rather stick to my budget.
3) Shared bathroom for private: shower pressure is not good. Really just a trickle. There is also an electrical outlet in the shower. I believe the shower head plugs up to it for perhaps more pressure, but I was not interested in trying it.
4) The room is above the bar, so lots of noise and cigarette smoke but only until a reasonable time on a week night (I think it was 11pm or so). Plus on this - the place feels lively and you can just go down and join for a beer if you are awake :)
5) Room is quite hot, but we did not want to pay for AC so our own fault.
눇1) Great space. The main common area is large, clean and very welcoming.
2) Fresh coffee. Instant coffee only gets you so far, so I am very thankful to have a nice strong cup of drip coffee to drink.
3) Free drinking water. Awesome as the grocery store is a bit of a ways away and lugging gallons of water in the heat would not have been very fun.
4) Well priced drinks at the bar. Very comparable to what we have been paying elsewhere.
5) Room is clean, sheets new (no stains, which we have seen elsewhere). Bathroom clean (although garbage could use more regular changing).
6) Safe neighborhood. Very comfortable walking around (we did daylight only, but heard it is fine at night too so long as you do not go too far).
7) Had our laundry done there for 5 USD a load. I don't normally like getting my laundry done by someone else, but this was a top notch job. My beach towel had stains in it that I never bothered trying to remove. Gone. Looks like new now.
8) Wifi, while not good enough to stream a movie at night, it chugged alone well enough to do small things. It cut out here and there, but only for a few seconds.