-The room was a little below Bali standards of similar hotels.
- the restaurant and food were the biggest disappointment. Obviously, the kitchen is the hotel's weakest point; below average food due to the single buffet option. The restaurant doesn't serve a la card menus confining guests to the below average limited buffet. Buffet was remarkably low in quality and variety.
-To make it even worse, both my wife and I got food poisoning from the breakfast hot menu. After careful analysis, we believe it was the omelets that made us stay almost 2 days in bed, and were close to ruining the whole experience. The hotel doctor treated us, and we reported the incident. However, no one from Managment had the courtesy to contact us and offer us comfort. We were nice not to leave and demand anything, but I believe the hotel was total ignorant of not doing any corrective action about this. This can ruin the whole experience and going to Maya would be a health risk despite of all the Beauty of the place.
- the hotel is 15 minutes from town by car. So having a breakfast somewhere else is not an option especially that it's included in the room charge. Lunch and dinner were manageable , as out door options in other hotels and restaurants are available. The breakfast, however, was our biggest problem.
- If they can work on their problems, this can be one of the best hotels in Bali. Until then, we will not return to this hotel unfortunately.
This was not our first one in Bali and we stayed for 12 days this time, and we believed the hotel facility to be paradise like.
- The outdoor walks in the well maintained gardens and forest are hard to match.
Activities were great. We enjoyed the 7 am yoga everyday in particular.
- The meditation pad was mystical overlooking the river. Something u only see in movies.
- The spa was almost magical overlooking the river so was the endless pool.
- Nature walks within the huge real estate were something rarely matched in Ubud by any other hotel.
- if u can manage not to eat here, and care about outdoors more than the room, do not think about any other hotel when in Ubud