- it is quaint but dated, not always in a good way (e.g. the carpeting). Certainly a different atmosphere, might be your thing or not.
- i was charged twice and that matter is with booking.com. I received an email one day before the stay saying my payment had issues, and used a different credit card to resolve that. Turns out now both cards were charged.
- I forgot all my credit cards and other papers, driver's license etc, when we left the room. My fault, obviously. But when i called a few days later once back in America, they said to send them an email stating i wanted my items sent urgently and would pay for the postage price. Which I did. And then followed up many times by email (never any reply whatsoever) and calls: either I'm told to call back the next day as only Abraham knows what's what, or that my items have been sent already, or (2 minutes later!) that they will be sent the same day and he will follow up by email right away. He never does. Due to the time difference it is hard to get to the bottom of it but it's been one month and I am very frustrated by their handling of it, no matter how polite they are.
it's been a month so i should post my review at the present time, even though things are not resolved...
I'll try and stay objective and acknowledge the goods:
- price was very good (-50% helps) $80 night for a suite is appreciated
- great location, in walking distance from old jerusalem and quiet area
- nice setting, quaint and fancy like in old movies - if that's your thing, it certainly has character
- very friendly and helpful staff, both before the stay (on the phone they accepted right away to shift our stay by one night despite booking's policy for that reservation) and during
- breakfast was good, if very basic