눉- NO AIR CONDITIONER: we were lucky enough to be there in September and escape summer heat, although sometimes it did get hot.
- quite NOISY: something to consider for those with sleep problems (we slept like babies:)
- rather WEAK INTERNET
- NOT AS BEAUTIFUL AS ON PHOTOS: it's amazing how some brightness/contrast tweaking can improve the appeal of the facility. The photos are real of course, but the place has a less attractive feel to it. The furniture doesn't seem that pleasingly antique, but rather simply old with dust in the shelves... BUT if you're coming to Florence for just a few days, fascinated by history and to experience old times, then this old-style hotel in a old building the the middle of the old town is EXCELLENT
- NO FRIDGE (even a small one for water would help a lot!), NO SOAP in the common bathroom (you need to take one from the room), NO BOTTLE OPENER (wine... wine... wine!)
눇- LOCATION! It was extremely convenient to be able to go back to have a rest/use toilet/leave an umbrella or take a jacket whenever you want, or simply go out at midnight to sit on the stair of Duomo.
- You can LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE in the hotel (in a common area so I'm not too sure about its safety)
- RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, you have the train station, supermarkets, cafes, etc.
- CLEAN ROOM/SHEETS/BATHROOM
- The oldness of the place ADDS TO THE EXPERIENCE of visiting this magical historic town.