1. Great Location (both in the city and for visiting other locations in Val di Noto, Southeast Sicily). In the city, only about 100 meters from Corso Vittorio Emanuele, the main thoroughfare. So, very close to restaurants, shops and attractions. But, that 100 meter walk provides a buffer for quiet time at night. Hotel Flora has two locations - (1) at the Porta Reale Ferdinandea - Noto City Gate; and (2) about 100 meters from Porta Reale Ferdinandea. We were fortunate to have stayed in the second mentioned location. The Gate location may be too close to tourist and local activities. This location is a great central point to Ragusa, Modica, Scicli and Siracusa. We stayed in Noto 5 days - spending one day in each town.
2. Staff - extremely friendly and helpful (THANKS Ornella, you were a integral in making our stay in Noto a great one). No problem for English speaking travelers.
3. Breakfast is offered.
4. Clean and modern.
5. We felt safe in the location walking at night.
1. Our room location and neighboring rooms: Our room was next to the lobby, lower entry stairway and stairway to the breakfast balcony - activity and sometimes noisy area. The noise was more due more to inconsiderate patrons, not necessarily the fault of the Hotel.
2. Small shower.
3. No elevator. Not a problem for us; but may be a problem for other guests. That stated, they do have rooms on entry level floors.