I have no dislikes about my stay and probably for my second trip will choose the same place again.
I have read other reviews for a lot of places and don't understand why:
- people complain about mosquitoes (there is a river flowing through Florence!) but we found only 2 of them in 5 days.
- people complain about room/bathroom size (2 people should be fine, indeed not suited for soccer/tennis/basketball matches).
- people complain about noise in the morning (like in any city? literally in the middle of it?) which was really low due to thick walls and good windows.
- people complain about cold/heat - there's an AC unit that takes care of both problems.
- people complain about TV size (I bet you can find a lot of stuff to watch in Florence rather than a screen) yet I think you can even find an IMAX if you desperately need a movie.
Perfect location, you can reach everything on foot, supermarket across the street, noise was not an issue. Room (#1) was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was basic but good (yogurt, milk, cereals, cheese, salami, jam, butter, bread, coffee/tea, some fruits, etc.). The host speaks fluent English, very helpful with advice, recommendations, reservations, and so on.
Really, we liked everything, and we're going to go back.