It was the little things that made us feel bad about spending 160€ / night:
- gardeners with loud mowers, leaf blower and other electric machinery during the whole day, no chance to relax
- comfy outdoor chairs only for 2 high prices rooms, the other rooms had to sit on hard wooden benches with no pillows (maybe that will change during high season)
- the dinner was pricey and pretty plain (but they managed to do a vegetarian menu)
- no hide-aways on the property
- the second person to shower had cold water
- the rooms were all very bad Sound-Proof, you could hear the neighbours walking and using the bathroom in all details
- 7€ for a beer...
The Mormoraia is a really pretty place but a bit too artificial. There was no wild plant or any withered leaf. But for some it's important ;)
The staff was great! We complaint about the first room they gave us because there was a family with a toddler living on top of us which was pretty loud - they gave us a room on top of the hill which was nice, the next two days we stayed in another room on the hill.
The inventory and bathroom was pretty and big.
The breakfast was good but the bread not the best, only two kinds (white and toast). They made homemade omelettes. Weird was that they didn't had a normal Italian coffee mashing, the coffee came from pads. But it was good anyways. And the staff was great, very welcoming and in a good mood!
The view and location was brilliant! The houses really looked polished and it was only 6 km to San Gimignano.