1. A good location, almost on top of Toledo metro station. We were there for the San Carlo opera, which was seven minutes walk away. Santa Lucia district also close. And plenty of cheap restaurants in the Spanish Quarter, across the road.
2. A decent buffet breakfast, by Italian standards, taken in an elegant 2nd floor saloon. The guy in charge of breakfast, Ray, was charming and interesting to talk to, and had excellent English.
3 Comfortable beds and renovated bathrooms, with excellent showers.
1.WiFi only in the first floor public areas (though we seemed to be able to connect to another wifi network when in the breakfast room, and in my room, which was nearby!)
2. The coffee machine at breakfast took an absolute age to deliver an Americano (and had a very complicated set of controls)
3. In the manner of many such places in Italy, it's just a couple of floors in a bigger building, and it has no foyer. Number 148 Toledo is a block with a (firmly closed) big black door with numerous bell-pushes, and you have to look for the right label. I failed to spot it first time, but that was my fault.
4. No English language channels on the TV.