I don't say this often but to be honest there is nothing I didn't like. It totally hit the spot!
However, I do want to mention a few things that other people might not like:
- Its NOT a hotel as you know it so there is no laundry service, not every room has an A/C and its all a bit more simplistic.
- The bathroom(s) is beautiful but maybe not like you would expect a 4* bathroom. Our room didn't have a shower but only a bathtub where you had to sit in. The water pressure was low so this might not be the right thing for everyone.
- You need a car ... or take taxis everywhere but there is only one cab driver in town who might show up an hour late and says "sorry". :)
However, I want to emphasize that I still highly recommend this place! Its just a few points I could see some people to not find ideal.
Relais Ortaglia and its surroundings has probably been one of my favorite places in Europe so far. Here is why:
- This is not a hotel but a huge villa including its own vineyard that is run by their owners. They are amazing!
- The building is from the 17th century, everything is so authentic and the rooms are cozy and romantic.
- The pool, garden and the vineyard is beyond beautiful.
- They serve you wine from their own vineyard. The taste is fabulous.
- Its "in the middle of nowhere" but still within a 5-10 min drive (10 € taxi) to Montepulciano so its just perfect if you want to get away from all tourist traps.
If you want to relax, breathe fresh air, drink fresh wine and just enjoy the beauty of Tuscany this is the place to go.