Machiya Maya Gion
605-0811 Kyoto, Kyoto, Higashiyama-ku Komatsu-cho 562-11, Japan – Great location - show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 11 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Machiya Maya Gion.
|Two-Bedroom Suite -Temple Garden View|
|Two-Bedroom Suite - Kyoto Garden|
This beautifully restored traditional Kyoto house combines traditional Japanese architectural features such as a tatami room and traditional Kyoto court yard garden with the high quality western comforts including western bedroom with modern western kitchen and first class washroom facilities. Its entire length runs parallel with the private garden of 1,000 year old Kennin-ji Temple, the oldest Zen temple in Kyoto creating a peaceful setting while allowing light to enter throughout. Guests may choose to sleep in the western bedroom, or on futons in the self-enclosing tatami room. While having a traditional meal brought to their Japanese tatami room or instead walk out their door to discover the restaurants, bars, tea houses of Gion and the Geisha. The western bedroom has a comfortable European queen sized (larger than USA) bed. While the traditional Japanese tatami room connecting to the dining area can be used for daytime relaxation and sleep at night by closing its fusuma doors.
Machiya Maya Gion takes special requests – add in the next step!
6 Reasons to Choose Machiya Maya Gion
796 properties in Kyoto
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Pets are not allowed.
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
No parking available.
- Family Rooms
Area Info Great location 9.6 – Show map
- Gion District 0.1 miles
- Hanamikoji Street 0.2 miles
- Ishibe Alley 0.2 miles
- Rokuharamitsu-ji Temple 0.3 miles
- Yasaka Shrine 0.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Gion Shijo Station 0.3 miles
- Samurai Kembu Kyoto 0.6 miles
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple 0.7 miles
- Kyoto International Manga Museum 1.1 miles
- Imperial Palace 1.8 miles
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
5:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
- Credit card will be used for guarantee purposes only.
- A deposit via PayPal is required to secure your reservation. The property will email the guests after booking on instructions about payment. Guests must make the payment via PayPal within 3 days of receiving instructions or the reservation will be cancelled.
- Please note that the full amount of the reservation must be paid 30 days prior to the check-in date.
- Guests who cancel the booking may receive a refund in accordance with the Cancellation Policy.
Guests are kindly requested to keep the noise level down as the property is located near a temple.
Please note that the maximum occupancy of the room includes all children and cannot be exceeded under any circumstances. For extra guests exceeding the room occupancy, guests will be asked to separate rooms and additional charges will apply. Guests may not be accommodated if there is no availability.
Please inform Machiya Maya Gion of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details provided in your confirmation.