Ok, all my comments refer to the instance, that this hotel claims to be 4 Star with 180 USD per night:
- no TV in room!!!
- bread at breakfast rock-hard if baked, baguette seemed to be at least 1 day old allthough you can buy the nice Laos baguettes everywhere on the street
- pool was dirty (btw: the pool was one of the main reasons why we booked THIS hotel)
- the floor in our hotel room wasn't wiped once within one week.
- what I first expected to be an advantage turned out to be a disadvantage: The hotel is on the other side of the river from downtown's point of view. We thought that might be more quiet. But it wasn't, as the hotel is directly located bedsides a street. Noise is moderate. On top, you have to take the hotels boat to cross the river or walk over a bamboo bridge some minutes away that charges you 2USD per person!?. The downturn with the boat is, that you have to take the stairs down to the river through some spider web packed walkway to then climb the same thing up on the other side. At 36 degree cel after having had a shower, that makes you sweat like hell.
- But now what annoyed me most: The hotel rooms had outside window shades. On the first evening, the staff was so nice to close them while we were away and even plugged in the anti mosquito vaporizer. On the second evening, the didn't. the problem is, that it took me around 5 minutes to close all the shades. when it is dark, you cant do that without switching the room light on. That made our room to a mosquito ballroom. Besides I dont wann stick my hand into dark corners and having 7cm big spiders jumping on my hand.
- I asked the staff to just leave the shades closed as we are anyway out all day. They opened it every day, but I always had to close it
- Service requests in general: I asked for a TV 2 times: "Yes we can bring you" - nothing happened / I asked for mosqito spray: "yes we will bring you - nothing happened"
BTW: we were the only guests!
The hotel itself has a nice colonial style and nicely furnished rooms. The view from our upper floor room was nice, the balcony was huge. The staff is friendly. Had a nice introduction form the GM. The breakfast was made out of very fresh ingredients (except for the bread).