We stayed at this hotel previously when it was under The Westin Brand.
In this 2nd stay at this hotel - without The Westin brand:-
* We had booked "two double bed" room. At the time of check-in, we were told our beds are single. When objected, further explanation given by front desk staff was that the phrase "two double bed" in description actually means "two is double" (his own words which I had explicitly asked him to repeat so that I could quote him in my review). Smart marketing, right?
* Pool bar was closed at all times - due to peak season! But we had also paid 22% more also due to Peak season!! Next week same days of the week, same room, same terms are 22% cheaper as of today.
* At 10:55am, Cafe Panorama was almost empty, but no table was given to us. Why? There were reservations for 12:30pm, and staff needed to close the place for 1.5 hr to setup tables! This in a 5 star hotel for a restaurant supposed to be open throughout the day.
* At 1pm next day (when we had reserved table), no warning was given at the time of reservation. But on arrival, we were given table choice in the bar area, or outdoor without airconditioning......or...yes, in the Lobby!
* Concierge Team has only one Chinese speaking staff. Of course he cannot be present 24 hrs, 7 days a week. No Portuguese Speaking Staff. Macau is ex:Portuguese territory with over 90% Chinese population. Every place, person, street, restaurant, company, shop has a Portuguese and a Chinese name. There is no way for hotel concierge to explain your destination to taxi driver. Reception also didn't have Chinese speaking staff when we needed.
* Hotel has 6 shuttle buses, but only 2 Shuttle buses operate with a frequency of 2 per hour. Even in peak hour, peak season - except during checkout time!! All other hotels in Macau that I know of operate shuttle buses with 5-20 minutes frequency - this one has 30 minutes frequency, and that too a mini-bus with 21 seater capacity!
Very friendly staff. They tried their best despite being understaffed. Food was good.
Location - away from Casinos, near a country park, and with sea view was the reason we went there this time. But not next time.