We did not go around looking for negatives,it was a 3 day holiday to celebrate my mother's birthday, these were findings we came across during our stay.
1) our Preferred Room smell strongly of damp, very unpleasant,
2) it was not the room we booked, we were told they were fully booked and had no other alternatives, as if paying for the service were not enough, that they would continue to look for an option, to never hear back again.
3) one pillow smelled of dirty old sweat, my mother could not stand it, ( I was unaware of this) the cleaning crew should run smell tests on "fresh and clean" linens and pillows.
4) we wanted to nap In our palapa in the preferred adult pool but when uncovered the top sheet the bottom one had not been changed and was visibly dirty so we covered ourselves with a towel
5) silly you may say, but I specifically ASked in writting for special decoration to welcome my mother on her birthday, it did not happen, I called the concierge and emailed booking.com letting them know. The next morning, a day late there was a sign on the door for happy birthday, and at 7pm there was a loud knock on the door from the concierge to try to put some balloons, sadly we were napping. It was neither the day nor the hour.
6) the lobster soup in the Paramour restaurant had an odd aroma yet my mother ate it, as a result she came home with stomachache and diarrhea the next day. As you can see my original gift turn out to be an expensive disappointment.
Note: I filled out the hotel form with my comments but they did not include my mother's comments, I wish I had known at the time, hence I have added them here.
The pools, the layout with lots of nature, and short walk to all areas:pool, restaurants, gym, spa. The service in the spa was the only thing that was of 5star hotel