눉-Not 4 stars. More like 2. -Expensive. Especially for what you get.
Several claims in the description are not accurate:
1. NO Wi-Fi was available, let alone "free WiFi in all areas". I could BARELY connect in the sala (common area between rooms) on a Thursday before other people checked in, but from Friday to Sunday, the Wi-Fi connections weren't even turned ON. The boy at the front desk told me too many people overload the network when the hotel is full, but my phone displayed ("turned off") when searching for the connections I'd previously used. Hmm.
2. NO free breakfast was included, nor was there a restaurant on site.
3. "FREE cancellation" only applies if you cancel 30 days ahead. Pfft. Please. Needless to say, I failed to notice THAT red flag.
4. NO ceiling fan was in the room.
5. NO safe was in the room.
6. NO view of anything but the common area courtyard was seen from the rooms.
6. The "seasonal" rooftop terrace, only "closed November through April", was closed. In July. (It only had space for two tables, anyway).
This is not one or two discrepancies. The description of this hotel is a gross exaggeration. I'm pretty easy to please as far as hotels go. I just want a clean and quiet place to crash after exploring. But this hotel is nothing like its description, NOR is it quiet, so I can't believe the reviewers rated it so high. Read on, if you dare.
-the rooms are small and smell like lacquer on wood.
-The hotel layout is BIZARRO.
A. The "reception" area is a desk right at the entry to the side of a set of stairs. You literally start climbing as soon as you enter.
B. The door and one wall to the room are glass and face the interior common room, so you have to keep the curtain closed to prevent your neighbors - who are literally 3 feet across from you - from watching YOU instead of the tv.
눇- It is located very near the main tourist center (5 min walk)
- Clean tile floor, bathroom, and kitchen (sink and microwave were clean and ant-free)
-Room temp was ok in July, which is good because there is NO ceiling fan, nor way to ventilate the room. (weather is in the 60s).
-The HOT shower water does not run out (wait for it).
-24 hr front desk, check-out 1pm