Choose your preferred language. We speak English and 41 other languages.
Most often used by people in the United States
Off Jalan Sepangar Bay, 88993 Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia – Show map
|Borneo Seaview Deluxe Double or Twin Room|
|Special Offer - Ocean Panorama Deluxe Double or Twin Room|
|Two Bedroom Spa Suite||
|Special Offer - Borneo Garden Deluxe Double or Twin Room|
|Executive Panorama Room|
|Borneo Garden Deluxe Double or Twin Room|
|Ocean Panorama Deluxe Double or Twin Room|
No booking fees • Save money! Best price guarantee — enter dates to see these prices!
151 properties in Kota Kinabalu
Including hotels, apartments, villas and more.
414 verified reviews
They speak your language
Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai's staff speaks: Malay
Booking is safe
When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
BBQ Facilities, Grounds
Ping-Pong, Cycling, Racquetball, Sauna, Fitness Center, Spa, Massage, Private Beach Area, Bicycle Rental, Kids' Club
Food & Drink
Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast in the Room
Wired internet is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Room Service, Shuttle Service (surcharge), Airport Shuttle (surcharge), 24-Hour Front Desk, Currency Exchange, Baggage Storage, Concierge Service, Babysitting/Child Services, Laundry, Dry Cleaning, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Souvenir/Gift Shop
Safe, Non-smoking Rooms, Facilities for Disabled Guests, Family Rooms, Elevator
From 2:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
One child under 2 years stays free of charge in a crib.
One older child or adult is charged MYR 127.60 per person per night in an extra bed.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
The maximum number of cribs in a room is 1.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Based on 414 reviews
Value for money
Show reviews from:
Situated beside the Suria Sabah Shopping Mall in Kota Kinabalu, Grandis Hotels and Resorts houses a rooftop bar with swimming pool, a fitness centre and 24-hour room service.
Score from 166 reviews Very good
Part of the Sutera Harbour Resort, The Pacific Sutera offers contemporary rooms with beautiful views of the South China Sea and its 27-hole golf course. An outdoor pool and bowling alley are...
Score from 472 reviews Very good
Part of the luxurious Sutera Harbour Resort, The Magellan Sutera offers a 27-hole golf course, Olympic-sized and free-form pools, 14 dining options and 2 pampering spas.
Score from 331 reviews Very good
Horizon Hotel, with its modern architecture, presents a pleasant complement to the seaside town of Kota Kinabalu.
Score from 765 reviews Good
we get connected room even we are not requesting from the begining.
can felt the spring of the mattress.
- the view is beautiful - the room is very nice - the staffs is friendly & helpful
Beautiful beach with clear water. Very service minded staff.
Hotel is seriously run down and in need of complete overhaul. Heavy renovation ongoing in certain parts of the hotel. Rented bikes - almost none of them working. Tennis courts not functional. Should really close the hotel for a while and renovate everything...
Service was brilliant, we had a shower which needed fixing and they moved our room and kept our request to have a top floor room with a great sea view! Ask to be on the top floor for decent views. Bed was massive as was the room and really comfy! Staff were always very polite and addressed you everytime they walked past. The beach and water were so clean and widespread, we felt like we had this paraside to ourselves! Chinese restaurant and italian restaurant were acem try the prawns and lobster - YUM!
Nothing, brilliiant place and excellent value for money!
Easy to get beach. Nice staffs who are ready to help us any time.
Quite noisy due to the renovation construction. Room key was not working once a day so i had to call and wait 20min for staffs everytime. Pools are small which are appropriate for children not for me.
Spacious rooms. Very comfortable beds. The gym is well equipped and well-runned Very nice stretch of beach (6km long!) Food is very good Spacious pool Great with smaller kiosk when the need for sweets arrive The cafe "Muffins" great treats with nice prices
The price of the food is on the expensive side (great quality but pricey)
We like the beautiful beach and the swimming pool as well as the biking.
We requested for a wheelchair for my elderly mum because we were given rooms that were some distance from the elevator, but was not able to get any help nor reply from the staff.
The breathtaking scenery and the sound of the wave
Clean beach and water excellence for swimmer
Lack maintenance on landscapes with unhealthy tress, grass etc..
We only had 24 hours but we enjoyed the pool, solid comfy loungers. Good coffe & pool snacks (tad expensive for malaysian prices!) big room
Cleanliness & shabby room. Cockroaches everywhere - even dead but not cleaned up! Was bit concerned what the inside of the kitchen would look like
1. Comfort room and quality of sleep. 2. Beach and the pools (Especially for kids). 3. Kid's Activity Centre during raining time (But need to be improved). 4. Location is good and quit isolated if you do not want to go anywhere else. 5. The staff will do their best to assist you even they are short of staff. 6. Monitor lizard's pools.
1. We are not been informed that renovations are on progress at the main building and at some of the surroundings. 2. Only a few in-house attractions and activities. 3. Un-proper backup plan for guest during renovation period. 4. Meals are expensive (But got a few restaurants within resort). 5. Looks like the resort short of staff. 6. Looks like a bit run down resort. 7. Doesn't feel luxurious at all.
Comfortable bed and spacious room. Privacy guaranteed
Got to walk quite a distance fron reception to chalets; though they do provide buggy as transport. When it rains...the buggies are not good means of transport!
Spent our wedding anniversary there. Staff were lovely and had a cake and fruit basket waiting for us in our room when we checked in. Toilet was blocked but was immediately attended to. Resort has a romantic old world charm to it and facilities are rather tired but clean. A lot of the hotel is under renovation but the work was not intrusive. We did enjoy our stay and would go again.
Lack of wifi in rooms. Only wired internet connection. Also no it area with printing facilities (printing boarding passed and emails etc). Quite a distance from the main city so completely dependent on the hotel restaurants and shops.
Nice area and beach, but for rich people mainly. it's hard to go out for food or drinks...
food is delicious, staff is friendly and helpful
the gardens and surrounding need serious maintenance
- Nice view for relaxing - Hotel services are reliable and staffs are friendly - Fun activities are also provided at the main resorts - I would like to stay at this hotel again (Good recommendation for family stay)
At the extended resort, they did not have lights for the garden and pool. It will be much better if there is light.
Poor condition and state of disrepair.
Everything was above and beyond
The hotel had a custom greeting which I was not used to. It was a very polite gesture with their hand held over their chest. At some times this was just a bit too much for me.
staff were great, food was great an all round great place to go
the clean beach and sunset view from the hotel is breathtaking, spacious room and hotel landscape, the hotel service is good
I found that this feel so classic, renovation progress spoilt my mood..
i like the room,its is Big My children enjoy the bath tab.... outdoor pool is big and cleen outdoor Activity is awsome.......
The SPA and the beach
Rundown lobby and facilities
staying at the resort away from all the hustle and bustle, good for the family and couples
- I found myself lucky to realize that in the city the hotels were in the middle of too much confusion... at the beginning we werent sure of which hotel to choose. Nexus was certainly a good choice, far from everything... peace and quiet - nice staff, always with a very bright smile :) - the view is dazzling... i suggest Sunset Bar to all travellers, very beautiful view of the ocean, not to mention during sunset - food is good, prices are very acceptable -they offer water boilers, coffee bags and chocolate at the shopping mart nearby are cheap -they offer an iron and an ironing board (common in hotels nowadays) -they have transportation service to the city and airport. -activities are recommended of course.
- ive gotta say, some or most of the staff are not trained or experienced enough to answer us basic questions, ex: cocktail drink mix (what comes in it?); dish ingredients - some of them dont have an idea of what we are ordering. There is somewhat a lack of team work, kind of disorganised while taking care of orders. If you want to order, make sure you repeat it clear for them and make sure they got it right (they should repeat your order) - Our room was somewhat far from the restaurants. We were at the Ocean view one (last block) There are definitely things to improve as far as maintenance: 1-plugs need to be fixed, some dont work; 2-you have a speakers in the toilet and a volume controller for no reason, why? cuz it doesnt work at all 3-aircons cant be turned off, just adjusted to as "cold as" 30 degrees, it felt like it was still 20ish -bring mosquito repellant, they are annoying during night time if you go for dinner or for a nice night walk.
We loved the private beach. Lots of early morning swims, surfing & body boarding in the ocean was a great way to start each day. The Sunset bar was a lovely location for an evening drink. The resort was tranquil and its isolated location makes it a beautiful way to unwind and switch off from a busy lifestyle. We also enjoyed a couple of tours, our favourite was the evening tour on the Mangrove swamps to see the monkeys & fire flies.
I think the water sports should be included in the price, unless we use the equipment as part of a tour or lesson, I.e surf lesson or kayak tour.
We've negotiated with thousands of hotels to get the very best deals. We call them Secret Deals and they only last for a limited time.
You can get these deals for free by subscribing to our newsletters. You can even choose your favorite destinations to receive personalized deals.
Get started now by entering your email address. We'll instantly send you a link to our Deal Finder!
Don't worry – your email address is safe with us. We'll never share your private information and you can unsubscribe at any time.