Choose your preferred language. We speak English and 41 other languages.
Den Texstraat 16, Amsterdam City Center, 1017 ZA Amsterdam, Netherlands – Show map
|Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom|
|Single Room with Bathroom|
|Basic Twin Room with Shared Bathroom|
|Single Room with Shared Toilet|
|Standard Twin Room with Private Bathroom|
|Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom|
|Single Room with Toilet|
No booking fees • Save money! Best price guarantee — enter dates to see these prices!
1037 properties in Amsterdam
Including hotels, apartments, villas and more.
546 verified reviews
They speak your language!
Asterisk Hotel's staff speaks: Dutch, English
Booking is safe
When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not possible) and costs EUR 36 per day.
Packed Lunches, Vending Machine (drinks), Vending Machine (snacks), Airport Shuttle (surcharge), 24-Hour Front Desk, Ticket Service, Baggage Storage, Souvenir/Gift Shop
Safe, Non-smoking Rooms, Elevator, Heating, All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
From 2:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 1 year is charged EUR 7.50 per person per night in a crib.
The maximum number of total guests in a room is 3.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Based on 545 reviews
Value for money
Show reviews from:
This renewed B&B is in a typical Amsterdam 18th century warehouse and offers free Wi-Fi, only 150 yards from Dam Square.
Score from 199 reviews Very good
Rho is on the edge of Dam Square, half a mile from Amsterdam Central Train Station. It has free Wi-Fi and the lobby is an impressive Art Deco-style former theater.
Score from 3937 reviews Very good
This non-smoking hotel provides accommodations in the heart of Amsterdam, a 5-minute walk from Leidse Square and the Flower Market. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
Score from 1068 reviews Good
The Poet Amsterdam a Tryp is around the corner from the famous Vondelpark, right in Amsterdam’s chic museum district.
Score from 1765 reviews Good
The area where the hotel is located is very nice. Its a rather alternative quarter with a lot of nice small shops, bio markets and great food (italian, bio). Nice, helpful stuff, we give credit for the possibility of buying tickets for basically any touristic attraction, museum tickets etc. directly in the hotel reception. Great offer!
Tiny dirty room, dust and dirt on the mantelpiece, dirty curtains and carpet, uncomfortable bed, paper thin walls, shared bathroom, ridicullisly steep and small stairs (us everywhere in the country probably) definitely not price-for-value! If cheaper room rates per night then it would be no surprise but 50euro per person per night for a hostel quality way too much!
nothing really to like...
- OVERPRICED - Super expensive - very basic breakfast - carpets need cleaning if you have problems with allergy's for your safety don't go there. - bad elevator, only 2 persons can go in it and to much traffic (stairs in Amsterdam is a no go) - Bathroom is the worst i saw so far (don't go without slippers) - double Room without space. - double Room without window (skylight) when asked it on desk they laugh and said i have a skylight...and have to open it. - skylight without curtains so you cant sleep in total darkness... - No lights working near bed, only near door (but guess what u can see everything on dark there's a skylight). - 2nd person cant go out bed, bed is on the wall in double room. - The mattress is so bad and curved to middle. - To much noise on other rooms. - Other rooms have bathroom share so you can listen people walking around and going to bathroom all night long...(after someone hit the toilet is 30 minutes with noise so the water can fill it up again) - Internet very slow. - Concierge is very bad (they really don't care). - Rooms are so near each other, you listen everyone bang and going toilets (and believe me don't waste your money to stay awake all nigh, people come to room in each hour, and bang, anyway you going to stay awake all night). - walls paper thin and we heard everything all night - small TV
The bedroom facilities were clean, a computer was available for checking emails, etc., breakfast was adequate, the area was very walkable and close to the Rijksmuseum and the van Gogh museum, and the trams were close by and easy to use.
The breakfast choices were fairly limited, though adequate. A shared toilet outside the very small bedroom wasn't always convenient, though for three nights was OK.
Location Staff Breakfast Room size
Very easy to find the location, and the public transportation around this hotel is very convenient to find.
Unfortunately, many facilities in the room is not available, which is really a bad experience for me
1. Location is good, just 3 to 5min walk to trump station, Restaurants, Shopping, etc...
1. They mentioned it was 3 bed room, but provided is 2 bed room. However, i am alone i have managed. If you reach with you complete family it should be definitely a problem. and the room size mentioned was 22sqmeters, but the provided one not looks so.... 2. Bed sheet was not so good to sleep well in that freezing winter. it was so small and it could not cover me fully, eventhough i was only 5.5 hight. i asked for big one, they honestly tried but could not find it. so, i could not sleep well.
The wifi was poor, during the night was impossible to conect
We were bitten by bed bugs. Big stress at home that I brougt them with me.
Location was fantastic - close to everything and easy to reach the trams
Bed was bad
The location is perfect! Near the city center, but on the street there are no noisy bars and restaurants. You can sleep well. Clean (rooms cleaned every day). Friendly staff:) I am very happy. All recommend:)
Staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was good, the hotel and bathrooms were always clean, located on a really nice and quiet street, close to the Heineken Experience and Van Gogh Museum.
location was great
staircase very steep bathroom vents were mouldy
The room is comfortable.The location is near TRAM4/16/24, easy to transport to central station.The famous Heineken experience is nearby the hotel, you can walk there in a few moniutes.
The hotel is without elevator. It is hard to imagine if I need to carry all my luggage upstair by my self.
Clean facilities Helpful staff Great breakfast Quiet neighborhood Close to the Museumplein
Location was close to the Museumplein and Vondelpark, but was quite a hike to Dam Square and some of the other sites
Given a two bedroom room instead of a three, and it was swapped straight away with no problems. Helpful staff on the reception Right by the number 16 and 24 tram that were a five minute journey to Dam Square Right by the Heineken Experience Local transport excellent
very good breakfast! staff friendly.
we were in an annex that smelt of damp when you came in front door, however our room wasn't damp.
Pretty clean, room big enough, big bathroom, big windows, quiet street.
Very soft mattress and as I have a back problem this was kind of a bummer for me. Other people may like this though. Included breakfast was more on the cheap side and with not so many options
Quiet location Good size triple room Tram stop within 200 metres
Very steep stairs which are difficult to climb with heavy luggage.
1. Location next to Museumplein. Can reach it from Schiphol Airport by bus (197, 5 euros, stop at Rijksmuseum) 2. Buffet breakfast, included. Good variety: eggs, cheese, cereals, drinks, etc. 3. Clean toilet (common)
1. Old building, across the road from the reception. Smell of old on the corridor. Interior and room decorations look shabby 2. Very cold in the room. Could not adjust heating. I informed the staff but they could not do anything 3. Bathroom on the ground floor, and sleeping room (very small size) at the first floor, climbing a very narrow and steep staircase
The location was excellent
People pounding up and down stairs at all hours
Relatively cheap hotel within a walk of most things No frills but no complaints We were happy with our stay
Staff friendly , informative , welcoming ..breakfast excellent choices Room small but clean and more than adequate Location terrific..near main street Safe area Will definitely return
Couldn't stay longer...loved it ...
Great hotel really clean, great furnishings, lovely staff
Other guests noisy in the middle of the night, not the hotels fault
wifi was good the breakfast was fine even though the limited options.
When you book a hotel for relatively cheap price you dont expect wonderful facilities, you are always aiming to get a bed in a private room to sleep after long day in Amsterdam, it is very irritating when the problem is in your bed,The bed and the mattress was very soft to the extent that it was moving and it didnt support my back well and was totally uncomfortable. Also the room was very small. and towels were not changed for couple of days even they were left on the floor.
Close to museums and quiet street, near tram station
We had a problem with a taxi driver wnating to charge 2€ extra for credit card payment (totally not usual in Amsterdam!) and the hotel clerk said "we don't want to annoy the texi driver because we know him!" So clients come second!
We've negotiated with thousands of hotels to get the very best deals. We call them Secret Deals and they only last for a limited time.
You can get these deals for free by subscribing to our newsletters. You can even choose your favorite destinations to receive personalized deals.
Get started now by entering your email address. We'll instantly send you a link to our Deal Finder!
Don't worry – your email address is safe with us. We'll never share your private information and you can unsubscribe at any time.